News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Blood Bowl coming out on the 26th June 2009

Started by Syt, June 17, 2009, 02:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I just played a Chaos team for first time in MP, but my opponent quit on me. :(

I have to say, though, that he was doing plenty mistakes. Many blocks where he had no chance (i.e. I could pick the die), not backing up his tackles (i.e. surrounding a target before sending in the blitzer), not protecting his passer (who was surrounded by 5(!) beastmen next turn etc., doing risky things before the safe ones ... I even managed to push two of his players into the crowd.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

bogh

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

bogh

In the meantime I got challenged to some hot, steaming goblin on goblin action. Won 1-0, but his chainsaw killed one of my trolls - subsequently my chainsaw killed one of his trolls...pretty funny game.

Let me know when you are up for a game.

Syt

Well, I saw you were "playing", so my main 1160 Orcs (Vienna Headcrushers) went against 1200 woodies.

I injured two, and almost killed a wardancer, but even with 11 vs. 9 and later 11 vs. 7, (of which 2 or 3 were knocked down) I was totally unable to score a TD, even though I cam within 4 squares of the opponent EZ.  :blush:

Having dinner now, maybe online afterwards.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Guess we kept missing each other.  :blush:

I just won my first game fair and square. The Vienna Headcrushers beat the Fist Fodder goblins. First half was 0-0, with his chainsaw keeping me from scoring.

Second half had a quick TD by the goblins because I focsed on taking out their ball&chain, ignoring the pogo stick a bit too much. With their special guys out I stomped the goblins into the ground and scored a TD. Kickoff after that was a touchback. The foremost goblin of the opponent was given the ball (facing only my own goblin) but was struck down trying to break through. An orc blitzer broke through for TD on turn 15+16.

One of my black orcs was knocked out for the game, anf a Linesman was injured. I injured 5 goblins.  :menace:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

I also think that my Chaos team "Disciples of Cthulhu" with the catchy slogan "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh C'thulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!" may be cursed.

They first game was won by default, because the opponent, on the losing end, quit. The second game against a lizard team was also looking fine, but the opponent's connection died after half time.  <_<
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on July 05, 2009, 02:45:47 PM
I also think that my Chaos team "Disciples of Cthulhu" with the catchy slogan "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh C'thulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!" may be cursed.

They first game was won by default, because the opponent, on the losing end, quit. The second game against a lizard team was also looking fine, but the opponent's connection died after half time.  <_<

You can't just fool around with the Great Old Ones and expect to get away with it.

Tamas

If anyone wants to play a leauge game let me know in the next, app. 4 hours.

Syt

I may be up for a game tomorrow; just way too tired today.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

katmai

Sorry tamas, I haven't been home, not to mention my computer much since last thur. It is just too nice to be indoors atm. Have to take advantage of the weather while I can :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

Came home at 7PM yesterday, ate something and went to sleep at 9 PM.

Can't say yet if rest of the week will be better.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on July 07, 2009, 02:39:27 PM
Sorry tamas, I haven't been home, not to mention my computer much since last thur. It is just too nice to be indoors atm. Have to take advantage of the weather while I can :P

That's my own thought - I'd love to play this game, but the middle of the all-to-brief northern summer is not the time to do it.

If everyone is still playing in September I'm in.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

OTOH katmai and Beeb looooove the winters.
—Stephen Jay Gould