News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Blood Bowl coming out on the 26th June 2009

Started by Syt, June 17, 2009, 02:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bogh

I'll give you a heads up later on whether I can make it home by nineish. Otherwise, friday afternoon is good. I am going out drinking tomorrow after my buddy (hopefully) hands in his thesis.

katmai

Tzeentch Ravens have been created...I really enjoy just knocking peoples heads in. :menace:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

What's funny is that almost any forum you check has a thread about Blood Bowl and people being rather happy and enthusiastic about it.

And if you look at it it's rather simple. The basic rules and interface are easy to use and intuitive. Any n00b can start a match and beat folks up and get instant results and feedback to their actions with a good understanding of what went wrong/right at any point. However, underneath you have huge depths of strategy and gameplay, and a balance that has been achieved through 5 rules editions, so that the game falls into the easy to learn, hard to master category.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

bogh

Hey syt, I won't be able to play tonight - friday afternon?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Hm, wanted to play an online game with my public orcs, but I got on the network briefly, then failed to connect.
—Stephen Jay Gould

sbr

I am planning to get the game in 10-14 days, maybe some of you could kick my ass around then?

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

grumbler

Quote from: Jaron on June 30, 2009, 05:26:16 PM
Who me next game be against?
From what you have said, you would enjou just paying with yourself.  :D
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

katmai

I can try tomorrow J-dawg. How does MP work? is it realtime or turn based or can you choose either?

Playing my first campaign with Chaos team beat Humans 2-1, then lost tough 1-0 match vs Dwarfs. :(
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Syt

With me being unable to connect properly for online play yesterday I started a league with a chaos team. I lost first match 1-2, but I killed one human and sent two to the hospital.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

I started a "grand slam" tournament (league plus cup) in SP with a new properly set up lizardmen team. Quite some swings in AI ability (hard difficulty)

First game against humans was awesome: my running against their passing. I believe I can position myself fairly efficiently (for a noob) but the AI's ability to plan a relatively complex one or two turn passing-and-TD-ing operation was very impressive. The game ended in 2-2

Then came a dwarf team which was somewhat understrength due to injuries but that did not warrant the awful performance. Or I am just that good against dwarves with lizards but I completely dominated them and only reason I only won 2-1 was that I just did not care at all for the second half.

Third game was against skaven and I barely avoided a two points loss, it ended 2-1 for them. The AI was very agressive with its running game but the only reason this victory was possible for them (I think) was that I NEVER succeeded to pick up the ball during the 2nd half. Just WTF.

bogh

Quote from: Tamas on July 01, 2009, 02:38:18 AM
I started a "grand slam" tournament (league plus cup) in SP

This is one of the more retarded things in this game - these options are only available in SP. Why can't I make a cup, a grand slam or an open league (where players can play games in any order) in MP?

The implementation of the actual game is good, but the online component is vastly inferior to fumbbl, where matches can be picked up after a lost connection, you can add or delete teams and team slots in a tournament while it is running, groups and leagues can be set up in a million different ways and you can see tons of statistics on every team and league available (everything from TD ratio pr. game for/against, rushing/passing yards, casualities etc.). Being able to see the full team rosters and all previous results etc. for a team that you are about to play against is something I sorely miss in this version.

On fumbbl every game has an available game report, where players can add comments and anyone can replay the game - and people can spectate the game while it is being played (great for finals and important league games).