News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Blood Bowl coming out on the 26th June 2009

Started by Syt, June 17, 2009, 02:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

bogh, I have to agree. I was a bit surprised when I went and could click other teams in my league; but I couldn't look at their roster. :(

Another stupid question - how do I challenge someone who is requesting a match in public chat? Do I really have to look them up in the players list? Is there no easier way?  :huh:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

bogh

Yeah - just like I couldn't join my own league without searching it up among all the other private leagues in existence, applying to it and then approve myself via the league management. Very silly.

I also miss the option to mark your teams as looking for a game or not looking for a game. Right now it lists all of your teams, which is stupid.

There is massive room for improvement - hopefully they'll do something about it.

Syt

Filters would be badly needed. There's long lists of managers "playing" which I'd be able to filter out.

According to P'dox there's also a bug in the league system - if the connection breaks up (which seems to happen more often than it should) the league kind of freezes.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

My orcs had a run-in with a team of elves. :bleeding:

I outnumbered them most of the time, sometimes having four guys more on the pitch. Stupid wardancers kept running around and jumping over my orcs. Only managed to hospitalize one elf and get 4 KOs. Lost 3-0.  <_<
—Stephen Jay Gould

bogh

BTW:

Here is a site with strategies and tips.

http://bloodbowlplaybook.com/

I am beginning to think that we should maybe make a league ourselves, playing the games in the public league and just recording results by hand here. That would make open leagues (everybody plays everybody once or twice, but in whatever order is easy, so people can just play if someone else is online) possible and allow for grand slams, cups, play offs etc.

Tamas

Quote from: bogh on July 02, 2009, 05:47:30 AM
BTW:

Here is a site with strategies and tips.

http://bloodbowlplaybook.com/

I am beginning to think that we should maybe make a league ourselves, playing the games in the public league and just recording results by hand here. That would make open leagues (everybody plays everybody once or twice, but in whatever order is easy, so people can just play if someone else is online) possible and allow for grand slams, cups, play offs etc.

A very good idea, especially so katmai and hopefully others could also participate or even jump in after a leauge started.

bogh

Hey Syt, did you get the game to work online again? Are we still on for 4 this afternoon (CET)?

The Brain

I have a friend who is on a one year old mid-range laptop. Can he play the game and it won't look like crap?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Quote from: bogh on July 03, 2009, 03:33:44 AM
Hey Syt, did you get the game to work online again? Are we still on for 4 this afternoon (CET)?

Yeah, had a bit trouble connecting on wednesday, but eventually managed to play against a Spaniard a full game (hate elves). I'm still up for our match today.
—Stephen Jay Gould

bogh

Quote from: Syt on July 03, 2009, 07:05:12 AM
Quote from: bogh on July 03, 2009, 03:33:44 AM

Yeah, had a bit trouble connecting on wednesday, but eventually managed to play against a Spaniard a full game (hate elves). I'm still up for our match today.

Cool.

bogh

And what a game it was. Both teams steered clear of the referee, neither one fouling a single time. The small ratpeople did show a keen delight in pushing the humans over the sidelines into stands, where two humans were mauled by screaming fans.

Despite several promising runs toward the endzone, the Vienna Partizans never managed to complete their drives, instead loosing possesion to the Rathham Rodents, who put three touchdowns on the board.

As I said, I think Syt did rather well, but a few mistakes and some unlucky dicerolls in critical situations was punished pretty hard. Gutter runner Deeij was the star of the affair, securing two touchdowns for his team (and getting him the block skill that will keep his extremely fragile body a little safer).

That concludes day one of our league - next matchup are Sons of Thrace (Jaron) vs. Vienna Partizans (Syt), while the Rodents (bogh) take on the Hussars (Tamas).

Do people want to change into playing the league open in the public league, keeping score here instead? People, I want opinions!

Syt

The Partisans just finished their match against the Rodents and were served some humble pie. The humans' attempts to break through with a cage were held up by the Skaven; the Vienna team had its best chances when exploiting holes in the defense - similar to the Skaven, who did explouit those successfully, though. A lot of the game was a slugfest in center field. Final Score: 3-0.

Blitzer Franz Ferdinand almost died during the match. The apothecary saved him, but due to a serious concussion he loses one point of armor. :(
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

I am fine either way. I am also kind of available bogh, for our game.

bogh

I gotta head out to pick up my GF and go to a birthday party in 20 minutes, so not right now. I'll probably be online tomorrow afternoon? Sunday is good as well.