#Gamergate goes off the deep end

Started by merithyn, October 15, 2014, 07:47:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on October 15, 2014, 02:47:30 PM
Quote from: mongers on October 15, 2014, 02:26:34 PM
Quote from: merithyn on October 15, 2014, 02:24:23 PM
Quote from: mongers on October 15, 2014, 02:23:52 PM
And on a related not, good to see Languish's women contingent (all Two of you), posting several threads over the last couple of days.  :cool:

:hug:

Yeah.  :hug:

I tried to word that sentence so it couldn't be misconstrued, but I think some languishite will be along in a while, to pick whole with it.  :)

My takeaway from your post was that posting is usually too complicated a thing for the delicate feminine mind and that you were patronizingly congratulating them managing to do something we men do all the time.  Pig :angry:

:yes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on October 15, 2014, 02:48:29 PM
And on a related not, good to see Languish's women contingent (all Two of you), posting several threads over the last couple of days.  :cool:

I tried to word that sentence so it couldn't be misconstrued, but I think some languishite will be along in a while, to pick whole with it.  :)

My takeaway from your post was that posting is usually too complicated a thing for the delicate feminine mind and that you were patronizingly congratulating them managing to do something we men do all the time.  Pig :angry:

Truth be told, I was alluding to 'our' undercurrent of misogyny, that seems to have driven away all but two of our female colleagues, both of whom must be quite robust characters.

It may not be in your face, but I wouldn't characterise this as a female friendly or neutral place, hell I've invited a fair few women here and none seemed to have 'stuck' on the place.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on October 15, 2014, 02:53:26 PM
Truth be told, I was alluding to 'our' undercurrent of misogyny, that seems to have driven away all but two of our female colleagues, both of whom must be quite robust characters.

It may not be in your face, but I wouldn't characterise this as a female friendly or neutral place, hell I've invited a fair few women here and none seemed to have 'stuck' on the place.

Misogyny didn't drive away charliebear, Michigan did.

Legbiter

Who is going to win this thing? The neckbeards or the SJW's? My money would be on the neckbeards, they've been training their whole lives to fight evil playing video games.  :hmm: Tenacious lot.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

garbon

I think they are the wrong kind of women. If I thought they were up for chatting endlessly on a message board, I've several female friends of the right temperament.

Also, Languish was generated from a pretty phallo-centric board.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: Jacob on October 15, 2014, 02:35:31 PMAnd in related news, this shit-storm is now hitting people I'm professionally close to :(

... as in their name being spread around the internet and people trying to dox them, all for the temerity of posting in a private message group (much like languish, only closed to the public) about how this gamergate thing is BS.

derspiess

Did we ever have more than 2 or 3 here at a given time?  How many have we had total?  4??

QuoteIt may not be in your face, but I wouldn't characterise this as a female friendly or neutral place,

No shit.  It's basically a locker room here.  I don't know why any woman in her right mind would want to hang out with us, though I am grateful that Meri and Brazen are sticking through it :)

Quotehell I've invited a fair few women here and none seemed to have 'stuck' on the place.

:huh:  What did these poor women do to you to deserve that??
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

Quote from: garbon on October 15, 2014, 02:55:52 PM

I think they are the wrong kind of women. If I thought they were up for chatting endlessly on a message board, I've several female friends of the right temperament.

Also, Languish was generated from a pretty phallo-centric board.

Well invite them then.

Though to be fair I think most of the women I invited here, it was for the purpose of giving them an insight into a part of me, for better and worse. But two or three really would have fitted in here and have benefited from the atmosphere here.

No, I think Paradox OT was eurowennie/y personified, lots of super opinionated just post-teenagers with theoretical knowledge of, but not too much experience of the real world.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: mongers on October 15, 2014, 03:00:20 PM
Well invite them then.

I don't think they would want to be here which is what I think just said. :P

Quote from: mongers on October 15, 2014, 03:00:20 PM
No, I think Paradox OT was eurowennie/y personified, lots of super opinionated just post-teenagers with theoretical knowledge of, but not too much experience of the real world.

None of which negates the fact that it was primarily a sausage fest.

Legbiter

Zoe Quinn as the Helen of Troy of SJW-dom is darkly funny though. :lol:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

lustindarkness

I tried getting CF to post again recently, that lasted a whole day before she got bored.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

merithyn

Quote from: Jacob on October 15, 2014, 02:56:47 PM
Quote from: Jacob on October 15, 2014, 02:35:31 PMAnd in related news, this shit-storm is now hitting people I'm professionally close to :(

... as in their name being spread around the internet and people trying to dox them, all for the temerity of posting in a private message group (much like languish, only closed to the public) about how this gamergate thing is BS.

God, I'm sorry, Jacob. This isn't going to go well for them, if history holds. Here's to hoping that no one "outs" their personal information.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Malthus

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 15, 2014, 03:08:26 PM
I tried getting CF to post again recently, that lasted a whole day before she got bored.

My wife refuses to have anything to do with this place, and assumes I am risking my life associating with the lot of you.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ideologue

Quote from: derspiess on October 15, 2014, 11:11:51 AM
I'm having to get caught up on all this.  I had no idea what gamergate is or was.  Anyway man, that Quinn girl is homely.  Who would sacrifice their professional integrity to sleep with her??

2/10, Spice.  Try harder.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.