Main Menu

#Gamergate goes off the deep end

Started by merithyn, October 15, 2014, 07:47:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on October 15, 2014, 03:44:18 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 15, 2014, 03:18:27 PM
Quote from: merithyn on October 15, 2014, 03:14:41 PM
Korea's friend (can't remember her name)

Ugh. Just remembering that she exists makes me feel stupider.

OMG was that the "shake that laffy taffy" girl??  I remember her now.

Yep. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on October 15, 2014, 03:45:54 PM

Great. Now we can all share in that feeling of increased stupidity.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Martinus

I think we will see the end of internet anonymity in the next decade or so.

Everybody will be issued a unique login / password and will only be able to participate online under real name (or at least with the name readily available to the authorities).

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on October 15, 2014, 03:49:03 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 15, 2014, 03:45:54 PM

Great. Now we can all share in that feeling of increased stupidity.  ;)

Sharing, caring. :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on October 15, 2014, 03:49:58 PM

Everybody will be issued a unique login / password and will only be able to participate online under real name (or at least with the name readily available to the authorities).

Okay, Ide. On a related note, I believe facebook just rolled back that policy after a lot of heat from drag queens.

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on October 15, 2014, 02:45:05 PM
Quote from: grumbler on October 15, 2014, 02:30:40 PM
Quote from: Legbiter on October 15, 2014, 12:59:33 PM
Saarkeesian has a legit hustle, get money from being the angry femcunt via donations, the attention that hog Quinn is getting for sleeping with all those moist-eyed herbs for her shitty "game" is baffling to me, on the other hand. Maybe just gas the entire Tumblr user base and call it a day?  :hmm:
:huh:  What the fuck? "femcunt?" "That hog Quinn?"  Your misogyny baffles me.  What the fuck is wrong with you?  What makes you think your point is enhanced by attaching this kind of spew?  If you have a point, make it without the hysterical hyperbole.  If you can't, then you should probably just STFU.

Okay, maybe it was a troll :hmm:

Maybe, but it doesn't seem like a troll, and Legbiter has said this kind of stuff (not at this level) before.  Maybe he thought sounding like one of the dudes in the story was clever, and I just missed the subtlety.  Still, he should add a sarcasm smiley if he wants me to decode his words as sarcasm.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Legbiter is a freaking liar, all pretending he knows nothing about it when clearly he knows all about it.  Why he is doing it I have no idea but it is pretty pathetic.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on October 15, 2014, 03:24:48 PM
Quote from: merithyn on October 15, 2014, 03:10:28 PM
God, I'm sorry, Jacob. This isn't going to go well for them, if history holds. Here's to hoping that no one "outs" their personal information.

We're working on getting the information taken down ASAP, but who knows. Some of the people on the list have already gotten abuse as a result of this.

Have they learned all about professional ethics as a result?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on October 15, 2014, 03:59:46 PM
Legbiter is a freaking liar, all pretending he knows nothing about it when clearly he knows all about it.  Why he is doing it I have no idea but it is pretty pathetic.

Yeah. I'm all for misogyny, as long as it is grallon-style. But spewing nasty crap about women and then going back home to fuck one like a little cunt slave is pretty lame. :D

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on October 15, 2014, 03:52:10 PM

Okay, Ide. On a related note, I believe facebook just rolled back that policy after a lot of heat from drag queens.

Which I thought was preposterous. Stupid drag queens.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on October 15, 2014, 04:05:49 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 15, 2014, 03:52:10 PM

Which I thought was preposterous. Stupid drag queens.

:rolleyes:

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on October 15, 2014, 04:05:02 PM
Yeah. I'm all for misogyny, as long as it is grallon-style. But spewing nasty crap about women and then going back home to fuck one like a little cunt slave is pretty lame. :D

I live but to serve the mistress of the precious.

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on October 15, 2014, 04:09:30 PM

It's fine, my point is that misogyny only works for gays, for everyone else it is hypocritical.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on October 15, 2014, 04:10:50 PM
It's fine, my point is that misogyny only works for gays, for everyone else it is hypocritical.

Misogynistic Lesbians are conflicted.  What about misogynistic transmen?

Ideologue

Quote from: Martinus on October 15, 2014, 04:10:50 PM
Quote from: Valmy on October 15, 2014, 04:09:30 PM

Spoken like a true homosexual.  The independently wealthy aren't likely to be passionate about the minimum wage, either.

:P
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)