Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

Watching this technical demonstration I'm almost shocked at this cobbled together POS. Somali technicals look like German engineering marvels compared to this.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Tamas

Quote from: Legbiter on June 22, 2024, 01:24:16 PMWatching this technical demonstration I'm almost shocked at this cobbled together POS. Somali technicals look like German engineering marvels compared to this.

It looks like an Ork vehicle from Warhammer 40K

grumbler

Quote from: Legbiter on June 22, 2024, 01:16:01 PMLooks like it. Like he says it's a battle taxi for infantry with inbuilt EW drone defense. In theory.

But its not even really a battle taxi, since the passengers have no real protection from anything except drones.  It's only realistic use is as a vehicle to move troops behind the lines over terrain that a truck can't cross.  It's rather a waste of time and effort, it seems to me. 

But anything that distracts the Orcs from murdering civilians is a good thing.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josquius

I'm seeing rumours of a uprising in Dagestan  :ph34r:
██████
██████
██████

Crazy_Ivan80

DGuller

Quote from: Josquius on June 23, 2024, 03:48:45 PMI'm seeing rumours of a uprising in Dagestan  :ph34r:
Who's left there to rise up?

Habbaku

Quote from: DGuller on June 23, 2024, 04:10:19 PM
Quote from: Josquius on June 23, 2024, 03:48:45 PMI'm seeing rumours of a uprising in Dagestan  :ph34r:
Who's left there to rise up?

Enough Muslims to hit a synagogue and a church, apparently.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

So less of an uprising and more of an attempted pogrom.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Razgovory on June 23, 2024, 04:31:04 PMSo less of an uprising and more of an attempted pogrom.

Might have been isis according to the news this morning

Josquius

Islamic extremists certainly. I'm not sure about applying the daesh label considering that isn't exactly a unified group- not heard they've claimed the label too.
Seems to be more than just a terrorist attack but less than a full scale rebellion with fighting going on over night.

Also seeing quite interestingly in light of trumps recent comments one of the attackers was a local MMA fighter with a photo of him and Trump together doing the rounds.  :lol:

It is quite a problem in that part of the world that the viable opposition to Russia seems to be Islamic extremists, which would be helping the short term issue but creating some bother longer term.
██████
██████
██████

Jacob

Tonitrus

Quote from: Jacob on June 25, 2024, 02:39:58 PMBiden administration leaning towards lifting ban on American military contractors in Ukraine: https://edition.cnn.com/2024/06/25/politics/biden-administration-american-military-contractors-ukraine/index.html

I think military contractors should be banned in the US...so not really much in favor.

Habbaku

We should be issuing letters of marque and reprisal to all eager to aid Ukraine.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josquius

Quote from: Jacob on June 25, 2024, 02:39:58 PMBiden administration leaning towards lifting ban on American military contractors in Ukraine: https://edition.cnn.com/2024/06/25/politics/biden-administration-american-military-contractors-ukraine/index.html

Interesting choice of image on the article. Patriot missiles. Are there anti-missile defence contractors?
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Have we discussed that a couple of days ago the recently appointed Ukrainian chief of the army has been dismissed as well?