BREAKING NEWS - Malaysian airliner crashes on Russian-Ukrainian border

Started by Tamas, July 17, 2014, 10:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaCroix

Quote from: Razgovory on July 18, 2014, 06:28:53 PM
Some US officials are going over to Ukraine to investigate.  FBI and NTSB types.  Does anyone have a problem with that?

don't you read game of thrones? a real man goes himself, not hide behind agencies

Josquius

Quote from: derspiess on July 18, 2014, 09:09:53 AM
Looks like flights are now avoiding Ukraine, though I'd still be nervous if my flight path skirted the eastern border with Russia.

Also I like the shaded oval around Ukraine, as if the relative lack of plane icons weren't enough clue to where it is.

That's good. In flying UAE to UK this month and it did seem flying over the Ukraine would be likely.
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on July 18, 2014, 05:52:04 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 18, 2014, 05:51:35 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 18, 2014, 05:50:17 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on July 18, 2014, 05:49:16 PM
Quote from: mongers on July 18, 2014, 04:31:36 PM
Would this be a case of you playing the man, rather than the ball?

Just a note about proper defence.  You should always play the man not the ball.   :P  :D

Play with men or play with balls? :hmm:

Whatever feels natural.

Both? :huh:

Then keep on keepin' on, mah man.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on July 18, 2014, 06:28:53 PM
Some US officials are going over to Ukraine to investigate.  FBI and NTSB types.  Does anyone have a problem with that?

Nope. That would be good per diem.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Okay, I was just checking.  After so many people could see that the Benghazi attacks were obviously coming I thought I would ask if there would be any problems this time.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Stop Razzing up the thread, Raz.  It's already Hansied.

I was reading about the NTSB response teams;  when it comes to Latin America, Africa and Asia, their biggest problem is trying to get the locals to seal off the crash site before they get there.  Apparently locals looting the dead of their valuables and belongings is a big problem in shitty broke ass countries when it comes to identification of corpses.

"You can identify my wife because she wore my grandmother's wedding ring, it's very unique."
"Yeah, about that..."

Monoriu

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 19, 2014, 06:31:16 AM
Stop Razzing up the thread, Raz.  It's already Hansied.

I was reading about the NTSB response teams;  when it comes to Latin America, Africa and Asia, their biggest problem is trying to get the locals to seal off the crash site before they get there.  Apparently locals looting the dead of their valuables and belongings is a big problem in shitty broke ass countries when it comes to identification of corpses.

"You can identify my wife because she wore my grandmother's wedding ring, it's very unique."
"Yeah, about that..."

Ukraine is in Europe though. 

CountDeMoney

And a big thanks to the Aspie Asian for pointing that shit out.

CountDeMoney

Sheilbh

Quote from: Razgovory on July 17, 2014, 10:13:22 PM
I'm curious how Europe will react to this.  After all, most of the dead of Western Europeans.
Most people seem to think the shock will provoke Euro-governments into a reassessment of Russia and, possibly, a harder line against them.

I wouldn't bet on it personally.
Let's bomb Russia!

dps

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 19, 2014, 08:37:02 AM
I'm curious how Europe will react to this.  After all, most of the dead of Western Europeans.
Most people seem to think the shock will provoke Euro-governments into a reassessment of Russia and, possibly, a harder line against them.

I bet the French are already breaking out the ceremonial uniforms to surrender in.

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 19, 2014, 08:37:02 AM

I'm not betting on it either, but there's always hope.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

DGuller

Another released wiretap from SBU reveals that Moscow is urging the rebels to make sure black boxes don't fall into the hands of OSCE.  You'd think they would be looking for a secure line by now.  The other story hidden in plain view is that all those intercepted conversations are between rebel commanders and intelligence officers in Russia.

DGuller

Well, not all the conversations, some of them are one degree removed from Russian handlers.

Razgovory

I wonder if when the CIA came to Kiev to help Ukraine keep it's lines secure they showed them some other tricks as well.