BREAKING NEWS - Malaysian airliner crashes on Russian-Ukrainian border

Started by Tamas, July 17, 2014, 10:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on July 21, 2014, 02:04:15 PM
I wasn't defending him; just explaining what I think motivated his comments.

Either way, a dumbass thing to say.  As dumbass as what those Europeaceniks were saying earlier.

If Operation Storm is that big Croat offensive that come a bit before Dayton, my understanding is it was made possible by supplies of arms from Germany, in particular artillery.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

DGuller

Quote from: Jaron on July 22, 2014, 01:25:17 AM
Mitt warned us of Russia.
Credit to him.  I never criticized him for saying that Russia is our primary geopolitical enemy, and I kind of felt disappointed that Obama's team thought Mitt's assessment was worthy of mockery.  Clearly Obama is going to regret making that clever comment he made during the debate, if he isn't already.

Syt

If we can get a few looting, drunk militias and decomposing bodies in here, the thread will be a bigger mess than the crash site. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

There is heavy fighting going on at a bunch of places and the rotting bodies of the airplane passengers have been railroaded to Ukraine proper, but this cannot really compare in news value to Chapter 23935353 of the USA Tribal Wars

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on July 22, 2014, 01:35:45 AM
Quote from: Jaron on July 22, 2014, 01:25:17 AM
Mitt warned us of Russia.
Credit to him.  I never criticized him for saying that Russia is our primary geopolitical enemy, and I kind of felt disappointed that Obama's team thought Mitt's assessment was worthy of mockery.  Clearly Obama is going to regret making that clever comment he made during the debate, if he isn't already.

Bully?  Yes.  Nuisance?  Yup.  Pain in the ass?  Definitely.  Obstructionist?  You betcha! *wink*

But they're still a far cry from being #1 on the threat board.  We have more pressing--and real concerns--in the Pacific, and with the occassional appearance of some turbaned idiots on monkey bars in the desert that keep Hansy up at night.

The Minsky Moment

To be fair to Mitt, Russia is the biggest strategic threat to stock portfolios containing oil and gas majors, which is probably what he was thinking about.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

frunk

To whoever separated the crap out of this thread, thank you.

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

frunk

Quote from: Malthus on July 22, 2014, 10:40:57 AM
Seperatist!

;)

There's a joke here involving the linquistic root of shit, I'm just not thinking of it.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Valmy

Have you ever actually met a Texanationalist vM?  You used to see the SECEDE bumper stickers around from time to time but I never have actually met one.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on July 22, 2014, 11:07:18 AM
Have you ever actually met a Texanationalist vM?  You used to see the SECEDE bumper stickers around from time to time but I never have actually met one.

I get the impression that many/most of them are not quite 100% serious about actually seceding.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Well, of course they aren't.  They like things like paved highways, and disaster recovery when their ignorant asses get buttfucked by tornados and Hurricane Buttfucker.

derspiess

Probably just one of those fun things for them to talk about, because they know it will never happen.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall