██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Tyr on June 28, 2014, 12:33:53 AM
My running attempts are hampered by my mysterious forever dodgy right joints

Dolljoints? :ogle:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Did 40 miles on the folding bike across the downs this afternoon. It, and to some extent me, performed rather well.    :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

alfred russel

I've basically collapsed with running . :cry:

This week was typical of what I've been doing. 3 days on a treadmill for about 6 miles, 1 day on a treadmill that I was going to do a much longer run but after 1 mile said "fuck it" and got off, and then today...Supposed to be my first long run in a while, after 15 minutes I turned around because I realized my planned 12 miles was going to suck (in part because I've missed too many runs, and in part because I slept in and the heat was going to be brutal).

Summary on the week: about 21 miles. That is about 10-15 miles less than what I've been planning to clock.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Savonarola

Quote from: Valmy on June 23, 2014, 01:34:07 PM
I was so excited that last Friday the TV in front of my machine was showing something OTHER than Charmed.  And then today back to Charmed.  Alyssa Milano will haunt me my entire life.

They usually have that on (without the sound) when I'm at the gym.  I admire the way the good witches all wear tight, low cut shirts.  Bosoms have a magic all their own.   :)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Ideologue

I ate 200-400 calories yesterday and wasn't even really hungry, on top of a week of spotty but effective dieting.  I've lost about seven pounds since around the middle of the month.  I guess I got that eating disorder I always wanted. :unsure:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Legbiter

Quote from: Ideologue on June 30, 2014, 06:35:26 PM
I ate 200-400 calories yesterday and wasn't even really hungry, on top of a week of spotty but effective dieting.  I've lost about seven pounds since around the middle of the month.  I guess I got that eating disorder I always wanted. :unsure:

Water weight and lean muscle mass will be 3/4 of that "loss"  :hmm:

Just eat meat, fish and veg with plenty of walking and some exercise of your choice and you'll reconfigure your body composition and perk up your mood in very short order. And throw in some intermittent fasting every once in a while if you like.

Come up with a plan instead of this yo-yo dieting.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Legbiter

Started a new month on the 5/3/1 lifting program. Tomorrow is deadlift day.  :showoff:

Ideologue

Quote from: Legbiter on June 30, 2014, 07:44:57 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on June 30, 2014, 06:35:26 PM

Water weight and lean muscle mass will be 3/4 of that "loss"  :hmm:

Just eat meat, fish and veg with plenty of walking and some exercise of your choice and you'll reconfigure your body composition and perk up your mood in very short order. And throw in some intermittent fasting every once in a while if you like.

Come up with a plan instead of this yo-yo dieting.

I do work out, albeit not as regularly as discipline would demand.  It does help my mood, a little.  I want to run, but it's just the worst and I really hate doing it at the opportune times, when the fit people in neighborhood are out in force.  Getting lapped by a guy with one leg?  Distressing.

I need some new weights, too.  In fact, I'm already exceeding the point where 35lb. one-hand dumbbell I use for arm stuff seems at all heavy--I just keep adding reps to it.  I dunno if that's considered good or not, but it's like a third of an attractive woman, so it can't be too bad.

What I really, really need is a bench and bar.  But the cost is fucking outrageous.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Legbiter

Quote from: Ideologue on June 30, 2014, 08:13:28 PMI do work out, albeit not as regularly as discipline would demand.  It does help my mood, a little.  I want to run, but it's just the worst and I really hate doing it at the opportune times, when the fit people in neighborhood are out in force.  Getting lapped by a guy with one leg?  Distressing.

I need some new weights, too.  In fact, I'm already exceeding the point where 35lb. one-hand dumbbell I use for arm stuff seems at all heavy--I just keep adding reps to it.  I dunno if that's considered good or not, but it's like a third of an attractive woman, so it can't be too bad.

What I really, really need is a bench and bar.  But the cost is fucking outrageous.

I'd try to get the lifting gear for pennies on the dollar at, say, garage sales?

Also, the exercise portion wrt general wellbeing is IMO about 20%, the meat, or 80% of fitness lies with your diet.

I adopted Mark Sisson's Primal Blueprint dietary guidelines 3 years ago in a bid to lose the blubber. Following it did that very fast and well but it more importantly vastly improved my mood, my sleep and my life basically.

He's got a decent website at http://www.marksdailyapple.com/#axzz36AzMsWXZ.

Ideologue

I'm checking it out.

I've been trying to get serious about my protein intake.  Turns out I was in fact wrong about hydrocarbons being interchangeable. :sadblush:  Ever since I've made an effort to get at least a normal person's protein per day, I've been slowly but surely building some muscle mass, although no doubt the Paul Ryanesque physique you've acquired for yourself.
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

Turns out my red meat diet won't give me breast cancer.  Radical?
Kinemalogue

Caliga

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 04, 2014, 09:20:32 PM
My gym is always open.  :showoff:
Same, and most of the time I'm the only one there. :cool:

I have been lifting a lot.  Muscles getting noticeably larger. :showoff:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Legbiter

Quote from: Ideologue on June 30, 2014, 08:44:38 PM
Turns out my red meat diet won't give me breast cancer.  Radical?

:lol:

Try his newbs page and take it from there. Put it into play and observe the results.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/welcome-to-marks-daily-apple/?utm_source=mda_wwsgd&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=mda_wwsgd_start_here#axzz36AzMsWXZ

Eddie Teach

The good- today I hit 3 miles on the elliptical machine in 27 minutes. First mile 8:17. Both personal bests, well since high school at least.
The bad- At minute 34(I tend to go 35 minutes), my heart rate started spiking and it didn't stop even as I slowed way down. I slow walked on the treadmill for a bit, seemed ok. But then when I went and started lifting I felt really flushed and decided it was wiser to skip it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?