News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2014

Started by Maladict, January 01, 2014, 06:37:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 06, 2014, 10:11:18 PM
Well, people don't typically walk 13 miles without some kind of external pressure.

I'm planning on doing just that as I need to be able to walk around some countryside and it's archeology, that's not easily accessible by train/bus or other vehicles. The most I've done recently/last15 years is about 5-6 miles.  :blush:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Brazen

I've entered a naked race round London Zoo next month. No, really.  :blush:

Maladict

The Brain

Quote from: Brazen on July 10, 2014, 05:49:44 AM

Hott.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Quote from: Brazen on July 10, 2014, 05:49:44 AM

Pics or it didn't happen.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Brazen

Grey Fox

My fitness sucks but my girlfriend is now a crazy HIIT freak. She's lost 20 lbs so far.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Another week into training.  Down another 4 lbs but muscle mass is increasing so weight loss will probably slow down here on in.  Down about an inch around the waist so I am in the awkward between sizes stage.

Weight is now 266.  Lost 14 pounds in total since I started back.  My playing weight was 240 so unlikely I am getting back down to that but I can try.  :)

Josquius

The past few days of packing have really shown me how silly watching the scales is. To weigh my bags and boxes and weighed myself and then weighed myself holding. I varied by 3 kg amongst the days.

But still I long to be under 80 again.
██████
██████
██████

PDH

First ride in about a month today.  Banged up shin and hurt knee meant nothing more than riding to and from work (maybe 4 miles each day).  Today, I rode the normal route and did the hill twice.  Fun, though it is hard to get back into riding shape after a layoff and there isn't the impetus of the beginning of the season to drive me.  Man, 48 years old sucks.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Darth Wagtaros

I did deadlifts ysterday without bursting any discs.
PDH!

mongers

Did 38-40 miles over the downs to my local city; not sure doing this at a pace in the early afternoon sunshine and mid-80s plus temperatures was such a good idea. :hmm:

Ended up having to make sure I didn't stop on the last section home, to avoid the risk of overheating.

Legbiter

Squat day went well, still alive.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

mongers

Used four trains this afternoon, which entailed cycling 20 miles and walking 11-12 miles.

I'm hoping the walking endurance comes on leaps and bounds so I can do around 20 miles at a time by the start of autumn.