News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2014

Started by Maladict, January 01, 2014, 06:37:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

Deadlifts are in and I'm smoked. Nothing, not even squatting heavy empties the tank like a good deadlift session.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Ideologue

Quotesquatting heavy empties the tank

Lol.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Darth Wagtaros

Serious knee problems. No squats or lunges. Ever.  Make it difficutl to do deadlifts too. Fuck.

PDH!

crazy canuck

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 23, 2014, 01:14:11 PM
Had a bad spell.  Had a muscle pulled playing basketball and used that as a very convenient excuse to do even less.  Now I need to get back on that horse.

I am happy to report that I started back at the gym that day - well really the boys dragged me back to the gym and I have been going 4 times/week since plus morning exercises every morning.  I am down 10lbs and on my way back to fitness.  Probably another few weeks before I am fit enough to hit the courts again without risk of reinjury.

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 03, 2014, 07:44:34 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 23, 2014, 01:14:11 PM
Had a bad spell.  Had a muscle pulled playing basketball and used that as a very convenient excuse to do even less.  Now I need to get back on that horse.

I am happy to report that I started back at the gym that day - well really the boys dragged me back to the gym and I have been going 4 times/week since plus morning exercises every morning.  I am down 10lbs and on my way back to fitness.  Probably another few weeks before I am fit enough to hit the courts again without risk of reinjury.

Excellent work.  :cool:

Not doing a hell of a lot of anything myself at the moment.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

I lost 8 pounds last month.

Back down to 171. Bleh.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

FUCK.  You're saying that just to hurt me. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Gallbladder attacks will melt the pounds off of you.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

alfred russel

I ran a 10k today. Somewhat bittersweet. I've had as a running goal to run a sub 50 minute 10k for a while, but I don't run many races, and never have done it. Today I ran 49 min 31 sec, so that was one more item off the bucket list.

However, I ran a 22:00 min 5k earlier this year, so this wasn't a good race for me. I started too fast and walked a bit in three sections (~3-4 min total), which I sort of consider cheating. Not to mention a guy I work with rather closely ran it in 43 minutes.

Maybe my goal for next year will be 45 minutes.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ideologue

QuoteHowever, I ran a 22:00 min 5k earlier this year, so this wasn't a good race for me. I started too fast and walked a bit in three sections (~3-4 min total), which I sort of consider cheating. Not to mention a guy I work with rather closely ran it in 43 minutes.

Kill him.

If that's too bloody-minded, suggest law school.
Kinemalogue

alfred russel

He is a number of notches above me in the food chain, too high up to consider law school. That only leaves me one option......to run faster.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Ideologue

Than the cops?  It can be done.  Remember to serpentine.
Kinemalogue

alfred russel

Quote from: Ideologue on July 04, 2014, 08:13:02 PM
Than the cops?  It can be done.  Remember to serpentine.

:lol:

alfred russel

A woman living below me that is battling a weight problem did the same 10k I did. It was her first 10k and her time was 1hr 50 minutes. The friends she did it with are now discussing a half marathon.  :hmm:

Eddie Teach

Well, people don't typically walk 13 miles without some kind of external pressure.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?