New X-COM game coming . . . and it's turn based strategy!

Started by Syt, January 05, 2012, 11:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I'll start it today.  I've been sick lately and couldn't stay up very late last night.  Gots me a cold. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 09, 2012, 08:21:13 AM
50$(or 45 on GMG) for a pc game, seriously?

:lol:

Seems pretty standard. AAA titles are usually €40-€60, mid range ones at 20-30 and budget titles are 0-20.

And that hasn't really changed since, well, ever since I've started playing computer games, oh, 20 years ago.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 09, 2012, 08:21:13 AM
50$(or 45 on GMG) for a pc game, seriously?

:lol:

50 or 60 USD is the norm for new PC releases and has been for ages, iirc.  :huh:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Grey Fox

No it's not. It is for cross platforms games where there is also a console version that you need the inflated price for like Call of Duty, Borderlands, etc or the ad-hoc Blizzard games

Look on steam, most games aren't 60$. Darksiders 2 was (a cross platform of all games) 40$ at launch. Torchlight 2 is 20$.

It's too much money, those games aren't worth that much when there is many many more alternative for a fraction of the price.

Syt

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 09, 2012, 08:50:08 AMthose games aren't worth that much

I think they're worth what customers want to pay for them and companies want to charge for them.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

FunkMonk

FunkMonk

Just to be clear, GF, $60 is too much for me personally, too. I bought Xcom off GMG for $45 and a $10 in-store credit, and the free copy of Civ 5 might make a nice gift later.

I'm not made of money.  :P

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Ed Anger

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 09, 2012, 08:50:08 AM
No it's not. It is for cross platforms games where there is also a console version that you need the inflated price for like Call of Duty, Borderlands, etc or the ad-hoc Blizzard games

Look on steam, most games aren't 60$. Darksiders 2 was (a cross platform of all games) 40$ at launch. Torchlight 2 is 20$.

It's too much money, those games aren't worth that much when there is many many more alternative for a fraction of the price.

Sucks that you're poor, bro.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 09, 2012, 11:26:10 AM

It really does. Share the wealth buttman, share!

Also :pirate:

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 09, 2012, 11:39:02 AM

What does a pirate colon have to do with this?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Quote from: garbon on October 09, 2012, 11:44:26 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on October 09, 2012, 11:39:02 AM

What does a pirate colon have to do with this?

Rebranding, Pirate Bay was getting to big.

Razgovory

It would be nice if they gave me the order capture an alien after they give me the equipment to do so, and not before.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

katmai

Until you have built the stun gun and alien containment facility it is all moot. But they will keep friendly reminding you to try and capture some aliens.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son