New X-COM game coming . . . and it's turn based strategy!

Started by Syt, January 05, 2012, 11:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Poor Syt.

Any of you guys tryed the game using Steam big picture?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 10, 2012, 02:01:30 PM
Any of you guys tryed the game using Steam big picture?

I plan on doing this once I get the huge HDMI cable I ordered in the mail. Should be in this week. I want to play XCOM while sitting on the couch with my laptop on my, uh, lap, gawking at my giant television.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I think I'm going to restart on Ironman.  The temptation to reload after an alien gets a lucky hit is to much.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

FunkMonk

Quote from: garbon on October 10, 2012, 02:28:22 PM
I don't understand. What's the appeal of that?

I don't know yet, as I've never done it before. :P

I thought it might be cool to try. The cable is only $6 so if I don't like it, no big loss.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tamas

Quote from: Razgovory on October 10, 2012, 02:43:13 PM
I think I'm going to restart on Ironman.  The temptation to reload after an alien gets a lucky hit is to much.

yeah but its fucking frustrating that way. Altough I'll stick to Ironman since otherwise I would be just reloading constantly, yeah.

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on October 10, 2012, 04:36:32 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 10, 2012, 02:43:13 PM

yeah but its fucking frustrating that way. Altough I'll stick to Ironman since otherwise I would be just reloading constantly, yeah.

Yeah.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Okay, Playing Ironman is fucking tense.  I swear my soldiers are worse shots as well.  I had four guys miss 45% in a row.

DontSayBanana

Well, this is a mixed blessing.  My computer lags like hell on the demo, so it doesn't look like I'll be buying it just yet; at least, not until I finish my new rig, which isn't really a priority at the moment.
Experience bij!

Kleves

My best soldiers so far have been slavs. My worst: Canadians.  :hmm:
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Grey Fox

Mr. Grey

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 10, 2012, 03:22:18 PM

I thought it might be cool to try. The cable is only $6 so if I don't like it, no big loss.

This is why I got it for both pc and xbox. I've tried hooking my laptop to my projector and used wireless keyboard/mouse....it just doesn't feel as natural as playing on the xbox.

I can't believe how good snipers are. Squad site and double tap make them wrecking machines! My best one just hit colonel.....he is Canadian...wtf?
Autokrator lives

Grey Fox

You could have use a 360 controller with your laptop.

katmai

Quote from: Mr. Grey on October 11, 2012, 07:45:59 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on October 10, 2012, 03:22:18 PM

This is why I got it for both pc and xbox. I've tried hooking my laptop to my projector and used wireless keyboard/mouse....it just doesn't feel as natural as playing on the xbox.

I can't believe how good snipers are. Squad site and double tap make them wrecking machines! My best one just hit colonel.....he is Canadian...wtf?
Yeah re-nicknamed my sniper "reaper" as seems to rarely miss. Leads squad in kills by 2-1 margin.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

daveracher

Does anyone have a strategy for dealing with Chrysalids?... Tired of having my teams turned into walking dead.
Birdman of Burlington