News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How long to play through your Steam backlog?

Started by Syt, January 19, 2015, 03:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

269 continuous hours
11 days,5 hours,14 minutes

:hmm:

I've only got 7 steam games, so at the rate I play, say another 53 years before I complete that lot.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

katmai

Merci Francis.
Not as bad as I would have feared.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Razgovory

Huh.  I have 186 games.  I wonder how it figures it out.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

Quote from: Syt on January 19, 2015, 03:51:01 AM
http://steamleft.com/

(Based off of the "How long to beat" webpage)

QuoteIt would take you...
6189 continuous hours
257 days,21 hours,11 minutes
of gameplay to complete your Steam library

IN THIS TIME YOU COULD...
Watch every movie on Amazon Prime Instant 1 times

:Embarrass:
70hrs.

Imho, it considers only installed games.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

Doubtful. I have only a small fraction of games installed atm.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote1526 continuous hours
63 days,14 hours,37 minutes

Of course, I know I have put in over 300 hours on each of Shogun 2 and GalCiv 2, about 150 on Skyrim, and about 100 on European Escalation.  I have enough gameplay time left to satisfy me for the rest of my life. :P

Eddie Teach

However long it takes to beat Age of Wonders 3.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

The sad thing is, I should really add the playtimes of my GOG backlog as well which includes short titles likeUltima 1-8, the Wing Commander Series (I only ever finished the first ... on SNES), Fallout 1&2 (played 1 at release but never finished), Jade Empire (same), or Witcher 1&2 (same, and same). :blush:

Not to mention XBox360 games.

I should take a two year sabbatical during which I just play all my games.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

DontSayBanana

QuoteIt would take you...

475 continuous hours
19 days,19 hours,52 minutes

Watch the entire "Hobbit" trilogy 58 times

I don't think it just considers installed games- it never touched my local copy of Steam to verify which were installed or not.  Either way, that's not as bad as I thought it was going to be.  Still got nothing on Syt. :P

GoG could add substantially to that, though. :blush:
Experience bij!

garbon

Quote from: Syt on January 20, 2015, 03:50:00 PM
The sad thing is, I should really add the playtimes of my GOG backlog as well which includes short titles likeUltima 1-8, the Wing Commander Series (I only ever finished the first ... on SNES), Fallout 1&2 (played 1 at release but never finished), Jade Empire (same), or Witcher 1&2 (same, and same). :blush:

Not to mention XBox360 games.

I should take a two year sabbatical during which I just play all my games.

And then blog about! :w00t:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Sophie Scholl

Ullis Temeter
It would take you...
277 continuous hours
11 days,13 hours,0 minutes

Watch the entire Star Trek: The Next Generation series 2 times

I've spent more time playing EUIV than it would take to finish off everything in my library.  Huh.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Syt

Another sad Steam milestone:

QuoteVIEWED
Titles Viewed In Queue
The titles that you viewed and then hit 'next in queue'

I'm at the point where I can't create a new queue. :(

(I've excluded all Linux/Mac OS games, and unreleased titles, and DLC does generally not show up in the recommendations queue)

I went through 2,000 last weekend while watching some series, though. -_-
—Stephen Jay Gould