And we're back!

Main Menu

Gotcha!

Started by Razgovory, January 03, 2012, 03:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: DGuller on January 04, 2012, 09:43:32 AM
Quote from: Malthus on January 04, 2012, 09:16:25 AM
The original Babar was an elephant gigolo. Seriously.
And he worked for peanuts.

Naw. He got a new sports car and fancy clothes out of the deal.

Seriously - if you read the original Babar (as I did the other year, to the kid), that's just what happens. Babar comes out of the jungle and meets an older lady. She kindly has him sleep over in her bed, then gives him a sports car and flashy clothes.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on January 04, 2012, 10:12:14 AM
Seriously - if you read the original Babar (as I did the other year, to the kid), that's just what happens. Babar comes out of the jungle and meets an older lady. She kindly has him sleep over in her bed, then gives him a sports car and flashy clothes.  :lol:

Huh I never thought of it like that.  I just thought she was a nice lady.

But wasn't she a human lady?  Pretty kinky.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on January 04, 2012, 10:14:19 AM

Catherine the great has nothing on this lady
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valdemar

Well he had an elephant's ........ trunk...

V

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on January 04, 2012, 10:14:19 AM

I immediately thought of it like that.  :blush:

In fact, what happened was this: we got a bunch of old kids books from my parents, and my wife and I were reading the original Babar to the kid when we came across that incident: we both struggled to contain a laugh, because at least to our perverted minds it was obviously a quid pro quo.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Valdemar on January 04, 2012, 10:22:35 AM
Well he had an elephant's ........ trunk...

V

One could say he came to the relationship with a lot of luggage  :huh:

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on January 04, 2012, 10:23:24 AM

Well I haven't read or thought about those stories since I was a kid ;)

Malthus

We got another laugh of an inappropriate kind over Curious George. In one book, Curious George was walking down the side of a road when two men in a truck pull over and invite him to go for a ride to see the circus.

He gets in and off they go ... we had to explain to the kid that this was most unwise in real life.  ;)

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on January 04, 2012, 10:26:17 AM

Neither had I - until our kid was old enough to read 'em.

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on January 04, 2012, 10:26:32 AM
We got another laugh of an inappropriate kind over Curious George. In one book, Curious George was walking down the side of a road when two men in a truck pull over and invite him to go for a ride to see the circus.

He gets in and off they go ... we had to explain to the kid that this was most unwise in real life.  ;)

But they offered him bananas!

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on January 04, 2012, 10:27:25 AM
Quote from: Malthus on January 04, 2012, 10:26:32 AM

But they offered him bananas!

I half expected the next page to be a news article "Curious George found dead in ditch, sexual assault suspected".

Barrister

Quote from: Malthus on January 04, 2012, 10:27:08 AM
Quote from: Valmy on January 04, 2012, 10:26:17 AM

Neither had I - until our kid was old enough to read 'em.

Now that my kid is old enough to express some degree of preference in his books, all he wants us to read are books with nothing but pictures of autos and trains, with no story to speak of. :bleeding:  Oh how I long for the days I could at least read his Dr. Seuss.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Richard Hakluyt

That's good manly stuff BB, try him out on construction machinery books, he'll love them  :cool:

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on January 04, 2012, 10:32:12 AM
Now that my kid is old enough to express some degree of preference in his books, all he wants us to read are books with nothing but pictures of autos and trains, with no story to speak of. :bleeding:  Oh how I long for the days I could at least read his Dr. Seuss.

My son loves trains to.  What is up with kids and trains?