And we're back!

Main Menu

Weird Dream of the Week

Started by Darth Wagtaros, September 26, 2011, 10:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

:lol:

Guller's gonna be so jelly.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Darth Wagtaros

garb's dreams have been co-opted by the MSM.
PDH!

Barrister

So I was dreaming that I was curling.  Not a full team, just throwing one rock back and forth with some other, nameless, guy.  But everything was made of ice (not just the ice itself).  The rock, and I think the walls, were ice.

Okay, not so weird.

But for the first time ever, I actually realized 'hey, this is a dream'.  And so I thought I should try and make myself dream of something more interesting.

So I had to start and cross the ice, except it melted and now I was in water.  I was wearing some kind of old school diver's bell helmet, but it started to feel like I was sinking.  This wasn't what I had wanted to dream about!

Then I woke up.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: derspiess on October 11, 2013, 01:52:42 PM
Had a dream I was in a bar somewhere arguing the correct pronunciation of "Rakoczy".

I had a dream where I was arguing with a client who thought it was legally impossible to get fired from working in the Amazon.com warehouses, no matter what.  Then some dipshit only heard part of the conversation and weighed in that you didn't automatically lose your Prime membership if you lost your job, and the whole argument got even more convoluted.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Syt

I've dreamed the worst zombie apocalypse TV show ever.

If it was a zombie show - the only deadly creatures showing up were packs of wild dogs. But the cities were deserted, scavengers roaming about etc.

It was weird, because I didn't participate in the dream, I just watched others and in fact it kept switching between characters. Two brothers team up with a girl, they mistrust each other, and scavenge for supplies. They stay at an abandoned apartment (which looked a lot like my last place in Germany). They're made out to look like survivalists and smart guys, but I thought to myself, "If they're so smart, why do they leave the apartment doors wide open when they go scavenging?"

I also thought that it was unrealistic that in this apocalyptic future the electricity was still on. Near the end of the dream dozens of buses with other survivors arrived and I thought, "Well, that's not really much of an apocalypse, is it? What's going on?" I then sat down (I seemed to become part of the fictional environment then) with a couple of black dudes who had just arrived and who wanted to convince me to join their religion. I politely declined, and they were not very happy but accepted it.

Then I woke up.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Savonarola

I was drinking Orval and Playing First Edition D&D in the office during work hours.  Fear my Trappist half elvish Fighter-Magic User-Cleric.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Ed Anger

Had another violent midget dream last night.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

frunk

I'm having lunch with Sir Ben Kingsley, prior to a performance in some sort of recorded show.  It's a pleasant enough time, then we get up and go to the set.  Anthony Hopkins is there and it also goes fine considering I'm sharing the screen with these two.  After the scene they go "let's do some more" and suddenly there's this lit Weber grill between me and Hopkins, and Kingsley is standing on one foot on the grill dressed as Gandhi with the Maori face tattoos from Ender's Game.  Oh, he's also blue like one of the Avatar natives.  Hopkins is Hannibal Lector forcing Kingsley to "explain his madness", despite the fact that Kingsley's foot is starting to sizzle and blacken.  I'm getting rather hysterical, and worried that they'll accuse me of overacting.

After far too long Kingsley calmly steps off the grill and embraces me about the neck, giving me bits of advice about life and acting, as well as saying goodbye.  I'm too distracted by a big piece of snot that's hanging off the end of his nose.

Darth Wagtaros

I had a weird one that I was playing some screwed up version of Civilization, except that the monsters and such were real.  Then I was wondering around an island that my scout found, and it was full of alligators and crocadiles and turtles.  Whenever one tried to bite me I'd grab its jaws and force them shut.  But it was annoying, and I knew it was only a matter of time until one successfully bit me.  It turned out it was just a garden in someone's back yard and I had to help figure out why the water was full of chemicals.
PDH!

jimmy olsen

Had a dream last night I was on vacation on some south Asian tropical isle.

Of course it couldn't stay nice and relaxing, soon I was running from cannibals and drug/gunrunners. <_<
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Seems like whenever I have a stressful day I dream more vividly.  Last night I had a dream Anna Kournikova was practicing tennis in a huge room in the upstairs of my buddy's dad's house.  I asked if I could join her & she couldn't have been nicer.  She had her hair dyed black so people here wouldn't recognize her as easily.  She then let me film her walking around town, going shopping & whatnot, which I made into a short film that won a couple awards.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 26, 2013, 09:08:38 AM
Seems like whenever I have a stressful day I dream more vividly.

Of course you do.  That's your brain not shutting off.
Take 3mg to 6mg of melatonin an hour before bed, helps tell your brain it's time to close shop for the day.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 26, 2013, 09:14:18 AM
Quote from: derspiess on November 26, 2013, 09:08:38 AM
Seems like whenever I have a stressful day I dream more vividly.

Of course you do.  That's your brain not shutting off.
Take 3mg to 6mg of melatonin an hour before bed, helps tell your brain it's time to close shop for the day.

But then I'd miss Anna Kournikova :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Last night's Neurontin dream was that I kept getting thrown into snake pits. Over and over.

Then came the scorpion pit. Then I woke up.

Ed Anger

Neurontin dream of dreams:

I was fucking Rachel Maddow. That's it.