News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weird Dream of the Week

Started by Darth Wagtaros, September 26, 2011, 10:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: HVC on September 15, 2013, 05:10:08 PM
Just woke up from a nap where I had a weird dream Mayor Ford (of crackhead fame) was a manager of a supermarket who tried to frame me for stealing fruit. He pulled out a gun on me while calling the cops and had a nervous break down and made me call his mother on his phone. then the cops arrived and tackled him and I woke up. Colds and naps do not mix.

Frame you? You are an eggplant and therefore guilty.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 16, 2013, 07:05:44 AM
Just woke up from a nap where I had a weird dream Mayor Ford (of crackhead fame) was a manager of a supermarket who tried to frame me for stealing fruit. He pulled out a gun on me while calling the cops and had a nervous break down and made me call his mother on his phone. then the cops arrived and tackled him and I woke up. Colds and naps do not mix.

:lol: I'm more disturbed that he made me call his mother. That was just really odd.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on September 16, 2013, 07:07:19 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 16, 2013, 07:05:44 AM

:lol: I'm more disturbed that he made me call his mother. That was just really odd.

I'm just disturbed that you dreamed about Rob Ford. :mellow:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Tonight's fun one:

I'm trapped inside an old style toys r us. The game aisle is full of old wargames from the 70's. A leprechaun shows up and tells me I need to use my Geoffrey bucks before they expire. Then the asshole chases me through the store. The dream ends in a toy lightsaber duel and he bashes my brains in.

I wake up.

Tamas

You must be making that shit up.

jimmy olsen

I was walking outside and around three dozen light planes come roaring into view flying low, crisscrossing each other and doing all kinds of loops and stunts at close range, it looked really dangerous. I think for some reason that the Red Sox have been kidnapped and are on these planes, but I find out as I swim to my mother's house (turns out I'm on a series of hilly islands) and the planes begin crashing around me into the sea and shore that each drone piloted plane has star players from an NFL team on it. One crashes in front of me turns out that it had Falcco, Ray Rice and Ray Lewis on it. Then I woke up.  :huh:

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Darth Wagtaros

Last night I was talking to some truly fucked up people about the old Star Wars Hoth battle sets with the die cast figurines (http://www.ebay.com/bhp/star-wars-die-cast-hoth) and then it swithed to watching a messed up Empire Strikes Back.  The storm troopers, Darth Vader, and Boba Fett were engaged in a wild melee with Han Solo and some other guys outside the rebel base.  They were hurling syringes at each other's heads.
PDH!

Savonarola

Julie Andrews (with her Sound of Music haircut) was making a fruit salad, and she sang a song about each of the fruits as she was chopping them up.

Peach on every felon
Slice each nectarine
Plum every depth
Until you find your dream.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

jimmy olsen

Was in an elevator with a woman and another man. It opened up into interstellar space. The man got sucked out, me and the woman hung on and managed to stay inside, but we started to suffocate/freeze to death. Just as I was losing conciousness I woke up.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

I dreamt I was in a massage parlor. You know, the ones with the happy endings. I sat in the waiting room.

THAT WAS THE DREAM.  MINDFUCK!

MadImmortalMan

Let's see if I can remember all this...

So I'm making a TV show about someplace in the midwest, probably rural Ohio--there were broken down barns and cornfields and kids smoking pot in the cornfields everywhere. It was basically the dukes of hazzard, big ten version. I was not starring in the show, but I was responsible for making it. Somehow. Like telling people what to do and how to film things and whatever.

The Dukes' (they were called something else) car was a 1974 AMC Eagle. I know because I was looking at it and thinking wtf is this car? So I looked at the label inside the door where the vin number is and stuff and that's what it said. There is no such thing as a 1974 AMC Eagle, afaik AMC began making cars in 1980. But this car looked exactly like the Eagle would look if it had been made in the peak of muscle car days. It was dirt brown with no adornment whatsoever. Just a brown car. No cool Union battle flag on the roof and it wasn't named the General Sherman or anything, sadly.

It had the sort of slightly lifted suspension with wheels just a little bigger than they ought to be that the Eagles usually had. I was having fun instructing the stunt men to drive it through the corn fields while we filmed them essentially churning up the fields and flinging stalks of corn fifteen feet in the air behind them. I don't know why that was so important. It was a big part of the show's premise though.

Oh and they jumped it over collapsed barns all the time too. The fields always seemed so soft and absorbed all the impacts with flinging dirt and corn. They chased a lot of high school kids in pickup trucks through the fields. Usually the people in the pickup trucks were smoking weed.

Somebody came to me and demanded I put some werewolves and vampires in the show. I refused in order to preserve the show's creative integrity. I did agree to put some pretty girls in though.

The show's soundtrack was mostly Souza marches, but there was a recurring theme song for field chases that I must have made up. Have you ever composed musical scores in your dreams? Sometimes I do that. I wish I had a way to record them.

Anyway, after the producer who wanted the vampires left I got in the car to see what the heck was up with it. It looked like a standard Eagle on the inside except it was a wagon. Bigger on the inside.. I had a friend with a wagon version so I guess that's where that came from. All brown. Brown dash, brown seats, all the same color brown. There was a CB radio under the dash and even that had been spray-painted brown, but it worked. When I turned it on it was some emergency channel and cops and firemen and whoever else were frantically chattering about some terrorist attack in progress. So I turned it off.

I got out of the car and everyone had gone home from the set, which was on one of those country roads that the county paves with a soft asphalt and gravel coating and it's about the width of a normal road in a European city but what most Americans consider only one lane wide. It was a white house with a short driveway on the right (north I think?) side and the brown car was kept parked there. Where the driveway met the one lane road there were two white concrete posts. Bollards. They are actually illegal to put there because the easement requires anything that close to the road must be able to break away if hit by a car. That's true, btw.

So there are two illegal posts and the telephone/power poles run down the road on the opposite side as the house. One of the posts is immediately opposite the driveway, and it has a transformer on it where the post meets the crossbeams at the top. An owl sits on that all the time, even in the daytime. I think it's real and not plastic.

I began doing calculations on how much cornfield we had wrecked and how many more episodes of the show we could film before planting more corn.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

Too long; woke up before it ended.

derspiess

Had a dream I was in a bar somewhere arguing the correct pronunciation of "Rakoczy".
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

I had a dream that I met Obama. A group of friends and I had drinks with him and then we went to Wendy's to eat. It was like a restaurant like Wendy's that had all these unusual things on the menu. Obama actually turned out to be a non-dickish, down-to-earth person and at one point he gave me his direct number.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.