News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weird Dream of the Week

Started by Darth Wagtaros, September 26, 2011, 10:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capetan Mihali

I dreamt that JR was live-posting on Languish from a North Jersey police station as his friend was processed for drunk driving; they had both had too much at a wine event, but after driving sloppily for a while, JR convinced his friend to do the driving instead.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

derspiess

I had a dream someone gave a really nice set of golf clubs last night. 

edit: Also had a dream recently (though it feels more like a legit memory) that I was in a bar trying to explain to several people where Tyrol is.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Capetan Mihali

I got to hang out with James Brown in a dream the other night.  It was awesome.  We were in France or maybe northern Italy, and we stayed out all night going to cafes and bars shooting the shit and greeting different admirers.  He'd given up drinking alcohol recently for some reason, and so was smoking joints periodically, and would exclaim "Ooh, that weed's really hittin' me" in inimitable JB style.  :elvis: :smoke:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Tonitrus

I dreamed that I was swimming...a lot.

I rarely remember my dreams, and I haven't really gone swimming in probably 8-9 years.  But my dream had me swimming about half the length of Lake Washington (from back home, between my hometown of Bellevue and the city of Seattle), and enjoying every minute of it.  :hmm:

Darth Wagtaros

I had a dream that I was in a rundown fucked up house and ran into a lost Primarch from the Warhammer 40k universe. He had tons of different ant colonies and told me that ants were warriors of order, and could hold back the Ruinous Powers. Also, that I should be careful because a lot of the ants were venomous.

Last night I dreamt that I was travelling around to different planets trying to hide from space zombies.  They lept from planet to planet and we had to stay one step ahead of them, and after the plague had burnt itself out we had to start over, kind of like a Civilization type deal.
PDH!

Razgovory

I just had a strange dream.  I dreamt I was back in highschool, but lived under a totalitarian communist dictatorship.  I had to join an after-school club and for some reason ended up in the Nazi party club.  However, I was the only person there so I just did my homework in there and was happy that everyone was leaving me alone.  As I was technically president of the 'Young Nazis" club, I got a letter from the school saying that all clubs had to give up at least three members to the government for treason.  Since I was the only member of the club, I had no one to inform on so I was going around the school trying to get people to join my after school club with the express purpose of turning them in as traitors.

The dream was odd in that all the parts of it were logical and that I operated quite well in a totalitarian dictatorship.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

I dreamt that I was watching a series - it was ten to fifteen minute episodes, a dozen of them or so. At the same time I was in the series - kind of like being an observer on a holodeck or whatever.

It starred David Duchovny and Samuel L. Jackson and seems to have been inspired by the movie Dark City and the original V series from the 80s.

Anyways, it took place in a fairly non-descript city (actually, I was trying to figure out where it was 'filmed' because it wasn't entirely European or American). Mankind has been taken over by aliens, though they're never really seen. Instead they operate through agents, and most people seem to be unaware that aliens run the show.

Agents are recruited by taking a promising candidate and implanting a chip in his brain. The agents lead normal lives, but they're regularly called away by missions. Duchovny's handler who would assign him tasks and summon him etc. is Samuel L. Jackson.

Anyways, Jackson is part of a resistance movement, and he tries to recruit Duchovny to the cause. There's missions to fulfill (which seem mostly like mundane or nonsensical tasks that have nevertheless far reaching implications). And while trying to undermine the aliens' efforts (it turns out they use humans mostly as cattle, keeping them somewhat sedate and well fed) they mustn't tip their hand.

The season ended on a cliffhanger - there was a shortage of supplies or food or something, and Duchovny is tasked with taking a large swathe of the Earth, or 1 bllion people, "off the grid". Which led to the dilemma of having to choose to kill a billion people now, openly resist (in which case another agent would do it), or sabotage it (and risk killing all of humanity or large parts of it, because the aliens retaliate).

I didn't say that the plot made any sense. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Tonight, I had a two. First, I was assaulted by Chinese ninjas. That was what I get for being a security guard at Kohl's. There was an epic battle of katana vs Walkie Talkie. I got run through.

2nd was I was searching for weather girl Erica Collura's lucky blue panties. The location? The Unreal Tournament map with the two castles on a floating asteroid. I fell off and was floating in space.

Then I gave up trying to sleep.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Just woke up from one.

I was feeling hungry, so I turned on reading lamp.  It didn't work.  Turned on the overhead, it didn't work either.  I walked downstairs, none of the lights worked.  Then I started floating in the air in the kitchen.  At this point I woke up from the dream.

I was a little freaked out so I turned on the reading lamp.  It didn't work.  I turned on the overhead, and i didn't work.  This time I noticed the ceiling fan was working, so it wasn't he power.   :ph34r:

I walked downstairs and noticed the front door was wide open.  Before I could process this a short white guy in a red tshirt said "knock, knock" and pointed a gun at me.

Then I woke up again.  This time the reading lamp turned on.  So I came downstairs to smoke a butt and write up my dream.

The end.

Or is it?

derspiess

I had a dream I broke some dude's jaw in a bar fight.  He was a big dude so I had to hit him like 4 or 5 times to do it.  Turned out later he was a mental defective of some sort, which I guess I should have gleaned from his nonsensical ramblings.  He was like half a foot taller than me and a lot bigger and had me pinned in a corner so I had to fight him to get away.  After I broke his jaw, he ran away crying.  And for some reason the female bartender (whom he had been sexually harassing) got all mad at me for it.

So anyway since he was crazy or retarded there was a big lawsuit and I had to hire a couple lawyers.  It also made the news & stuff.  Things started to get boring when I was sitting there with the lawyers preparing for a deposition-- at Chuck E Cheese.  I hate Chuck E Cheese, so I decided to wake up.

As annoying as the dream was (I hate the feeling you get when you get in trouble for something), I felt strangely well-rested when I woke up even though it was just 4:00am.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martinus

I had a dream tonight that my cat had an accident.

I woke up to see that my cat was doing his usual tour of the bathroom during the night and plunged into the bathtub (where I left water in) so he was all wet and mad.

Am I: prophetic.  :ph34r:

MadImmortalMan

Every time I have a dream, something stops me from succeeding. It takes me hours to finally get to sleep and then I get this shit. There is a consistent theme in my dreams. I am powerless. If I dream my house is invaded in the night, my gun will misfire. Last night I dreamed I was part of a British expedition to an island with the intent to terraform it. We were to burn it all and then introduce new plants and stuff. It turns out the island had a colony of spiders who made underground nests and were awakened by the fire. They kept shooting out of the ground and killing everyone. Every time I fall asleep, I fail. And it's my own brain doing it to me.  Some of my dreams would make great Michael Chrichton novels, though.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Barrister

I dreamed I was in the middle of an early Simpsons episode last night.   :wacko:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DGuller

Quote from: Barrister on September 29, 2014, 09:56:17 AM
I dreamed I was in the middle of an early Simpsons episode last night.   :wacko:
I miss Lionel Hutz.  :(