News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Snow!

Started by Martinus, December 14, 2009, 06:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

Took me two and a half hours to get into work with a combination of mincing along icy pavements, a dead train, a bridge impact (lorry drove into one and engineers had to check it wasn't going to fall on us) and pointts failure (probably frozen).

So long as it's quicker getting home I don't care :P

Grey Fox

No snow here. Well more snow.

Still freezing weather for the next, oh 3 month.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Iormlund

I think this is the first time I've ever seen snow in this city more than once in a winter (it usually snows once every three years or so).

KRonn

I waited until snowing stopped, at about 3pm on Sunday. Had well over a foot of snow, light and fluffy, so at least it was easier with the snow blower and shoveling.

Ed Anger

Well, I'm officially sick of this white shit. Damned lake effect snow. An inch one day, flurries the next, 4 inches expected tomorrow.

I WANT TO SEE THE SUN.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 06, 2010, 10:07:10 AM
Well, I'm officially sick of this white shit. Damned lake effect snow.
:huh: I thought lake effect snow goes east, not south.  Aren't you due south of Lake Erie, pretty much?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on January 06, 2010, 10:10:57 AM
Well, I'm officially sick of this white shit. Damned lake effect snow.
:huh: I thought lake effect snow goes east, not south.  Aren't you due south of Lake Erie, pretty much?

It comes south.

Maximus

Well, I'm officially sick of this white shit. Damned lake effect snow. An inch one day, flurries the next, 4 inches expected tomorrow.

I WANT TO SEE THE SUN.
I don't want to see the sun in winter. It's always low and in your eyes. Especially when there's snow on the ground.

Barrister

Quote from: Maximus on January 06, 2010, 11:42:21 AM

I WANT TO SEE THE SUN.
I don't want to see the sun in winter. It's always low and in your eyes. Especially when there's snow on the ground.

When you only get 5 hours of daylight, even a low sun is better than darkness.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Maximus

Viking

It's getting so cold here old people are dying and more electricity was used yesterday in norway than on any other day in history. British conditions, it's embarrasing. Next they will cancel trains for leaves on the tracks.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

MadImmortalMan

People dying? We have this invention called fire.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 06, 2010, 03:49:54 PM
People dying? We have this invention called fire.

there was a story in one of the brit papers about brits buying books from thrift shops to burn them for the warm.

they need to burn Sasha Baron Cohen first.

PDH

boo fucking hoo. Tomorrow it is going to be a low of -10f, December 5th it was -27f here.

-10 on my birthday. Takes a man to live here, a stupid, stupid man.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Admiral Yi

Happy birfday Slim.

Got up to 16 today, felt delightful.  Raging blizzard is supposed to pass through tonight.