News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Snow!

Started by Martinus, December 14, 2009, 06:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Plenty of snow everywhere now.  No one is even driving where I can see.

The Brain

Snowing like crazy in Stockholm.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Cecil

Quote from: The Brain on December 20, 2009, 06:16:56 AM
Snowing like crazy in Stockholm.

Must be at least 10-15 years since we´ve had this amount of snow. I cant even remember the last time it happened.

Ed Anger

There is a thin layer of ice on the street. Great. I might get SUV theater later, with drivers going sideways down the street.

Good thing I threw salt on the driveway last night.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DontSayBanana

Right now, we're at the most snow we've had in almost 15 years ('95 was our last real blizzard)- my buddy measured it while it was still falling last night and there was already 18 inches on the ground.  Looking outside, it's sunny and some of the top is starting to melt, but it looks like just shy of 2 feet on the ground.
Experience bij!

Darth Wagtaros

Still snowing, but there is almost no accumulation.  Seems to have slid right by us.  Suck it Southerners!Q
PDH!

DGuller

Early this morning I looked out the window, and saw that there was still plenty of snow near my building, and it wasn't cleared away or salted yet.  Naturally, I figured it would be fun to drive around, and test the limits of my car and my snow driving abilities.  I figured I might learn something, and if I get stuck doing it, I'd rather get stuck 100 feet from my home.

Boy, that was fun.  My stability control light was blinking non-stop any time I tried to accelerate or brake.  I did almost get stuck once, after which I learned to avoid patches of the road that are covered in a whole foot of snow.  Eventually I drove out and did my shopping in near-empty stores, and drove by a couple of people who didn't yet learn the lesson I did.  I love it when driving is challenging.

Caliga

There is a teeny bit of snow on my trees and deck, and like little patches on parts of my lawn.  That's it.  FUCK ALL Y'ALL BITCHES
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

syk

Whoa. The ordered pizza just arrived. Delivery dude said this was the last one for today. They stopped taking orders before anyone dies howwibly in a car crash. Snow chaos!  :yeah:

CountDeMoney

Got the cars out.  Going to the Ravens game later on.

Nothing like condo living:  a dozen Mexicans and a Bobcat doing my work for me.

Barrister

Quote from: DGuller on December 20, 2009, 11:06:10 AM
Early this morning I looked out the window, and saw that there was still plenty of snow near my building, and it wasn't cleared away or salted yet.  Naturally, I figured it would be fun to drive around, and test the limits of my car and my snow driving abilities.  I figured I might learn something, and if I get stuck doing it, I'd rather get stuck 100 feet from my home.

Boy, that was fun.  My stability control light was blinking non-stop any time I tried to accelerate or brake.  I did almost get stuck once, after which I learned to avoid patches of the road that are covered in a whole foot of snow.  Eventually I drove out and did my shopping in near-empty stores, and drove by a couple of people who didn't yet learn the lesson I did.  I love it when driving is challenging.

It can be a lot of fun in a RWD car.  I perfected drifting turns back in Winnipeg in my parents Dodge Aspen.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

KRonn

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on December 20, 2009, 09:53:37 AM
Still snowing, but there is almost no accumulation.  Seems to have slid right by us.  Suck it Southerners!Q
I must have 10 feet..... no, 20 feet, of snow out there!!!   :o  Waiting for the National Guard and a St Bernard rescue dog to come dig me out! 

Lol... lots of snow in Boston and Southern Massachusetts. 

Darth Wagtaros

Yeah.  I hear Lowell got hammered. Shame it was today. I could have gotten a snow day out of it. Teh horr0rz.

PDH!

Neil

Quote from: Tyr on December 14, 2009, 09:21:40 AM
(I'd tend towards we are having a bit of a impact on potentially knocking the cycle off the rails).
You can't knock Earth's carbon cycle off the rails.  It's incredibly robust.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 20, 2009, 01:01:28 PM
Got the cars out.  Going to the Ravens game later on.

Nothing like condo living:  a dozen Mexicans and a Bobcat doing my work for me.
Indeed.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.