And we're back!

Main Menu

Snow!

Started by Martinus, December 14, 2009, 06:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iormlund

Quote from: Tamas on December 17, 2009, 04:26:31 PM
Quote from: Iormlund on December 17, 2009, 03:53:20 PM
Also, whenever there's a mere hint of water on the pavement many people start driving at 25 mph. I cannot go fast enough to avoid red lights if there are idiots in the way. :mad:

Yes!  :mad:

Funnily enough, today the contrary happened. I was returning from a work trip on a second-class road. I was in no rush, doing the max allowed on straights (100 km/h), slowing on bends and shadow areas since earlier I had seen ice. A moron on a van tried to overtake me unsuccessfully half a dozen times. He just didn't have enough power to do so, even on deserted, long straights. It was getting very silly (and risky on an icy road) and finally on a very long, straight downslope I went down to 60 km/h and he finally made it past me. He got the next exit out ... :rolleyes:

KRonn

Parts of Eastern US are getting snow now, mid Atlantic states. Forecasts I've seen say the amounts are in the one to two foot range (up to half a meter or more). Supposed to hit my area this weekend, and so far it's not clear that we'll get hit overly hard. It may go a bit to the south of us - hopefully the storm does take that track and the heaviest misses us.

Darth Wagtaros

Yeah, 50/50 on either getting walloped or getting absolutely nothing.  Since I won't get a snow day and do have to do some driving on Sunday I hope for nothing. 
PDH!

Ed Anger

Looks like Ohio is going to avoid most of it, with 1-3 inches predicted.

Prepare the Snow Blower!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

A snow blower for 1-3 inches?  Not even worth the gas to run it.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 18, 2009, 04:22:44 PM

I'M LAZY

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 18, 2009, 04:30:50 PM

I'M LAZY

If only you could get someone to poop for you, too.  :P

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 18, 2009, 04:38:01 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 18, 2009, 04:30:50 PM

I'M LAZY

If only you could get someone to poop for you, too.  :P

I enjoy that.  :)

CountDeMoney

"My God...it's full of snow."

Admiral Yi

Caligula, Lettuce, Meri, how are things in your neck of the woods?  I'm supposed to drive down to Atlanta tomorrow.

Caliga

Nothing on the ground here yet (it's well above freezing right now, actually), though it's been raining all day.  The forecast does say we will get less than an inch of snow tomorrow morning, though.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Maximus

No rain or anything here, above freezing. There were dark clouds in the north earlier, but nothing materialized.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Caliga

Yi, still no snow.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

We are having: white Christmas.  :cool:

Or at least white "go crazy in crowded shopping malls pre-Christmas weekend". :P