News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Snow!

Started by Martinus, December 14, 2009, 06:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

It was bone dry when I went to bed.  Just woke up and the snow's already covered the ground and sticking- we're supposed to get between 15 and 20 inches between today and tomorrow (38 to 50 cm for metrictards).
Experience bij!

CountDeMoney

I think I'll take some pics of my parking lot and post them. Dazzling Urbanites falling on their asses trying to get their cars out just to go to the Red Lobster is comedy gold.

Governor issued a snow emergency.  Malls are closing.  Cats and dogs are living together.  Mass hysteria.

katmai

I laugh at you silly easterners.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on December 19, 2009, 01:56:33 PM

I have enjoyed the breathless coverage on the news networks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on December 19, 2009, 01:56:33 PM

This one's going to break the Maryland records for December accumulation.
December's not a big snow month here, January, February and the 1st week of March is the usual time.

Luckily, I have all the toilet paper, cat food and cigarettes I need.  And I can remote desktop into my security systems at work.

They're talking about moving the Ravens game to Monday night, since the Chicago Bears are still, well, in Chicago.  Flights in and out of BWI are FUBAR'd.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 19, 2009, 02:04:11 PM

They're talking about moving the Ravens game to Monday night, since the Chicago Bears are still, well, in Chicago.  Flights in and out of BWI are FUBAR'd.

Heh, yeah heard the Niners v Eagles game has been pushed back from 1pm EST to 4pm to give the city/state time to get roads cleared :lol:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DontSayBanana

Sheer hilarity; they haven't really been bothering with plowing the road, so I got to watch a big ol' minivan get stuck in the road right outside.  I think the guy pushing the minivan out of the rut wouldn't have had quite as hard a time if the driver hadn't taken up the whole front seat of the minivan. :P
Experience bij!

Josquius

Really weird snow here tonight, MASSIVE snow flakes.

I really should read up on the science of snow...Where does it differ from hale...
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

:nelson No snow here at all.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on December 19, 2009, 05:57:08 PM
:nelson No snow here at all.

How utterly unsurprising, considering how far you are from the center of the storm.

Caliga

Yea but they were predicting snow for us anyway.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

You can have the inch of snow I got. Didn't even get to use the snow blower.

DGuller

It's getting whiter here, although the roads are still clear.

Darth Wagtaros

Some caller on the weather channel says she's been traveling since yesterday and kept getting stuck because of the storm.

You'd think this was the storm of the cfentury the way its being played up here. 

I went into Boston tonight, I'm relieved that we didn't come out of the theater to find the kind of snowy traffic hell that only BOston could produce.  I even made it home instead of having to sleep at a friend's house.
PDH!

KRonn

At 11:30 pm and no snow yet. I thought it was supposed to hit by now, and is supposed to be fairly fast moving, done by early Sunday morning. But last forecast I saw said over a foot (third of a meter), or more. I'm in one of the harder to be hit areas, or just outside of it.