News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Lord of the Rings Online thread

Started by Berkut, March 24, 2009, 03:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

Wasted close to an hour yesterday, waiting on people to start the Great Barrow quests.  Twice I joined a group to do one or more quests.  Both times it failed miserably with people delaying in Bree, others arguing about which quest to start, and still others getting pissed because they "didn't join this group to do this particular quest"...

Fucking nonsense I thought I had left behind with WoW  <_<

So I'll do those alone when I'm high enough. 

People  <_<

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Caliga

Quote from: Grallon on April 06, 2009, 07:00:22 AMFucking nonsense I thought I had left behind with WoW  <_<

:lol: Why would you assume MMO retardedness is limited to WoW?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Berkut

Quote from: Grallon on April 06, 2009, 07:00:22 AM
Wasted close to an hour yesterday, waiting on people to start the Great Barrow quests.  Twice I joined a group to do one or more quests.  Both times it failed miserably with people delaying in Bree, others arguing about which quest to start, and still others getting pissed because they "didn't join this group to do this particular quest"...

Fucking nonsense I thought I had left behind with WoW  <_<

So I'll do those alone when I'm high enough. 

People  <_<

G.

What class are you playing again?

Anyway, MMO dipshits still exist in LOTRO, although there are fwer of them. But the basic human stupid problem remains.

I have 4 alts all in the low-mid teens - so if you are going to go into the Barrows, let me know, I would be happy to join up. We could get a decent Languish group together.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

crazy canuck

Hey G., My warden is just about ready to tackle the GB quests - just about 17 now.

The last time I played this game I had very good experiences with most PUGS.  Hopefully you will start to have better luck with them.

Berkut

0 rows returned

crazy canuck

Yep, It was designed to be a second tank option. Guardians are the best tanks but a warden using the right Gambits can do a very good job too - especially if people give time to let the first Gambit fire.

Grey Fox

Grallon's a captain.

Wait for me if you are going to do GB/Barrows.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

My warden is as well lvl 17 waiting for you noobs.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grallon

Quote from: katmai on April 06, 2009, 12:52:22 PM
My warden is as well lvl 17 waiting for you noobs.

I'm 19 now - in the Lone Lands questing.  But should you all manage to gather at Bombadil's I have Othrongroth to start there, I have the Bone Man too, Purging of the Dead and the Price of Fury I think ( the one that requires 2 keys) - all inside the Great Barrow.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Berkut

My Captain is up to level 33, and having a great time finishing out the North Lands quests with a RL friend (Orlannor).

My hunter, who has replaced my LM who replaced my Minstrel which replaced my Guardian which replaced the hunter as my favorite alt just fininshed out the Ered Luin quests and deeds, and is now about 17.5.

What is the min level for Great Barrows? I suspect he is still a little low. There are some very tough fights in there.

0 rows returned

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Berkut

Just so people are not surprised - IMO, instances in LOTRO are considerably harder than WoW, at least at the non-end game levels. Most WoW instances outside the max level ones are pretty trivial for a decently geared party of the appropriate level.

In contrast, I don't think I've ever completely run the Great Barrows with a group that did not have 1 person at a much higher level, like 30. It is not easy, and the bosses take some coordination. You cannot just run in and blow them up, like you can in WoW.

0 rows returned

Richard Hakluyt

I did Othrongoth (epic book 1 that is) a while ago and had the easiest run I've ever had on that quest. It may have been made easier, maybe I have got better, or the group was a good one.

In general I find that LOTRO quests are quite sensitive to the level of the characters. So, something that seems almost impossible at lvl20 can be reasonably straightforward at lvl22.

My favoured way of doing the runs is in a PUG, you never know what is going to happen then  :P
The heavily-choreographed stuff that a regular group can achieve leaves me a bit cold, you end up just grinding away at enemies with loads of hpts.

Berkut

So far it seems like the epic instances are quite a bit easier than the stand alone ones. I don't know if that remains true though.

Had a good time last night with the Call to Men/Elves/Dwarves trio. Me and Eric pugged that, and it was interesting.

0 rows returned