Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Try buying appetizers for kids. MAH BILL
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Well, I learned that the Pilgrims invented Capitalism today.  The things right wingers say...
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

The fuck, United?

QuoteWHO BUN IT? Brit bunny riddle as rabbit destined to be world's biggest dies on United Airlines jet to US
Three foot Simon died in the cargo section of a Boeing 767 after leaving Heathrow

SCANDAL-hit United Airlines is facing a new PR disaster  — after a valuable giant rabbit died mysteriously on one of its planes.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3414045/brit-bunny-riddle-as-rabbit-destined-to-be-worlds-biggest-dies-on-united-airlines-jet-to-us/?

And yes, it's The Sun.  Fuck you, you read it too and you know it.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on April 25, 2017, 11:33:04 PM
Well, I learned that the Pilgrims invented Capitalism today.  The things right wingers say...

They didn't invent it, but they did bring it with them.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

At risk of being all Timmah, the Cassini spacecraft is about to do a dive between Saturn and its rings...which is pretty darned cool.

https://twitter.com/CassiniSaturn

Their twitter has also had some cool pics recently, like this one of of Earth from near Saturn:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 26, 2017, 12:09:22 AM

Smallpox
NASDAQ: SPOX - Apr 25, 7:59 PM EDT
907.62USD Price increase0.21 (0.02%)

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Oof that's a bad one :lol:
God is determined to take that company down
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 26, 2017, 12:13:48 AM

Smallpox
NASDAQ: SPOX - Apr 25, 7:59 PM EDT
907.62USD Price increase0.21 (0.02%)

I laughed.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on April 26, 2017, 06:40:00 AM

It's an updated version of the classic "bedbug letter".

That story originated in the 19th century, and it went something like this ...

A customer on a Pullman sleeper coach passed a terrible night, eaten alive by bedbugs.

The next day, full of wrath, he wrote a letter to the railway complaining of his experiences.

He gets back a lengthy letter detailing how the company was taking his concerns super-seriously, had located and pulled the offending coach off the line, washed it with carbolic acid, and how the employees and inspectors responsible had all been fired, etc. Closing with a fulsome apology.

Paper-clipped to the letter, and included inadvertently, was a brief memo: "Ms. Secretary, please send this bastard the 'bedbug letter'. Thanks."
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

What, with their time machine?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

DGuller

Capitalism existed before Adam Smith wrote about it.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HVC

tyr has found his soulmate
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on April 26, 2017, 08:53:13 AM
Capitalism existed before Adam Smith wrote about it.

It did?