News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: garbon on February 23, 2014, 12:49:16 PM
I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Added to my sig to help you remember (but I doubt you have the willpower to follow through).  :)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Capetan Mihali

Come now, boys, knock it off.  :mad:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ideologue

Quote from: LaCroix on February 22, 2014, 09:16:17 PM
Quote from: Tyr on February 22, 2014, 01:43:07 AM
I wonder what the best way to make myself feel full without actually eating many calories is...just drinking a lot of water I guess. I'm going way out of shape.

eat a shit ton of broccoli or other greens. very low in calories and they fill you up. don't add cheese or butter, obviously

also eat meals that are high in protein and low in calories (low-fat chicken breasts and seafood.. like tuna/salmon).

if you can't do that, suck it up and drink water. also, don't eat breakfast. most worthless meal of the day - you'll feel hungry either way by lunch, so might as well stay hungry. ignore cravings and they go away after a few minutes. just have willpower, man. not eating is the easiest thing in the world - easier than quitting smoking cold turkey (ide)

It's not easy quitting eating when you quit smoking. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

LaCroix

Quote from: Ideologue on February 23, 2014, 09:01:47 PMIt's not easy quitting eating when you quit smoking. :(

anything is easy if it involves just not doing it. craving? ok, don't indulge. you desire something? don't do it. sure, it involves not listening to yourself which i think some people struggle with, but it's pretty easy once you get used to it

i quit smoking two weeks ago cold turkey, and last week i started eating more. i've found that to be far more difficult and a huge pain in the ass, getting enough calories in. but i force it down anyway

Ideologue

Quote from: LaCroix on February 23, 2014, 09:13:02 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on February 23, 2014, 09:01:47 PMIt's not easy quitting eating when you quit smoking. :(

anything is easy if it involves just not doing it. craving? ok, don't indulge. you desire something? don't do it. sure, it involves not listening to yourself which i think some people struggle with, but it's pretty easy once you get used to it

i quit smoking two weeks ago cold turkey, and last week i started eating more. i've found that to be far more difficult and a huge pain in the ass, getting enough calories in. but i force it down anyway

I'm weaker willed. -_-

Wish I hadn't had that relapse.  I'm still not smoking, at least.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

LaCroix

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: LaCroix on February 23, 2014, 09:13:02 PM

Doesn't this just tell us your preference lies with nicotine, not food? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Nicotine is way better than food.
Kinemalogue

Ed Anger

And Danica Patrick involved in a crash. Go figure.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

lol, what, tried to parallel park in the pit?

Ed Anger

Ideologue

Parallel parking is hard.
Kinemalogue

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on February 23, 2014, 10:25:06 PM

Especially for chicks. LOL, misyogny.

alfred russel

Quote from: Ideologue on February 23, 2014, 10:25:06 PM

Don't let that discourage you. Cut off your penis and you too can be a professional race car driver.

But seriously, Patrick didn't start that wreck, and half the cars in the restrictor plate races get taken out in wrecks. It isn't like her teammates with similar cars are doing better. She won in the Indy Series, and I bet she will win in Nascar before all is said in done if she gets good support (and she will). She gets a lot of grief, but there are a lot of young drivers that haven't won a race as big as the Indy Series. She is qualified.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

-garbon, February 23, 2014