And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 22, 2014, 09:03:29 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on February 22, 2014, 08:56:14 PM
My beard is still black has the darkest of the darkest of nights.

Remarkable at your advanced age.  :P

:P

I do have some grey hair tho. There is reason why I'm Grey Fox.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

Quote from: LaCroix on February 22, 2014, 09:16:17 PM
Quote from: Tyr on February 22, 2014, 01:43:07 AM
I wonder what the best way to make myself feel full without actually eating many calories is...just drinking a lot of water I guess. I'm going way out of shape.

eat a shit ton of broccoli or other greens. very low in calories and they fill you up. don't add cheese or butter, obviously

also eat meals that are high in protein and low in calories (low-fat chicken breasts and seafood.. like tuna/salmon).

if you can't do that, suck it up and drink water. also, don't eat breakfast. most worthless meal of the day - you'll feel hungry either way by lunch, so might as well stay hungry. ignore cravings and they go away after a few minutes. just have willpower, man. not eating is the easiest thing in the world - easier than quitting smoking cold turkey (ide)
Not eating is easy when you're occupied. When you don't have much to do its not so easy.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

When I last had a beard I had several gray hairs.  I found it disconcerting.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

I've got gray in my enchanted forest and happy trail.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Capetan Mihali

Prototype of the gorgeous hipster guy, I.V. Dzhugashvili at 23:

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 22, 2014, 10:48:58 PM
I've got gray in my enchanted forest and happy trail.

So enchanted probably isn't the best adjective then. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

LaCroix

Quote from: Tyr on February 22, 2014, 10:23:42 PMNot eating is easy when you're occupied. When you don't have much to do its not so easy.

what? there's always something you can do

Caliga

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on February 22, 2014, 11:51:30 PM
Prototype of the gorgeous hipster guy, I.V. Dzhugashvili at 23:

Ha, last night I actually was thinking about replacing my previous facial hair configuration with a luxurious mustache like Stalin's.  I guess I'd need to get and learn how to use mustache wax though.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

lustindarkness

I grow a beard every month between drills. I can grow a full beard in 3 weeks.  :wacko:
When I skip a month I can really get creative, like growing a full beard and then go to the goatee with mustache, and then with no mustache. BTW, the main purpose of the beard is to piss off The Wife, as she does not like it. :)
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Josquius

Impressive but...why? Going through the itchy stage every month?
██████
██████
██████

lustindarkness

Quote from: Tyr on February 23, 2014, 08:07:19 AM
Impressive but...why? Going through the itchy stage every month?

If it pisses off The Wife, it is worth it. :D
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Caliga

Quote from: lustindarkness on February 23, 2014, 08:05:39 AM
I grow a beard every month between drills. I can grow a full beard in 3 weeks.  :wacko:
When I skip a month I can really get creative, like growing a full beard and then go to the goatee with mustache, and then with no mustache. BTW, the main purpose of the beard is to piss off The Wife, as she does not like it. :)
Haha, this morning I was telling Princesca that with my new mustache stubble I look like a Puerto Rican teenager.  She was like "what do you mean" and I told her that Puerto Ricans grow facial hair faster than anyone I know. :lol:  They were always the first kids to get facial hair when we were in middle (or even elementary) school. :ph34r:

Josquius

Elementary school is until 12 there right?

At the ES I was working at there was one half latin american of some sort girl in the 5th grade. She had: Mega boobage. Bizzare.
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

Quote from: Tyr on February 23, 2014, 08:48:03 AM
Elementary school is until 12 there right?

At the ES I was working at there was one half latin american of some sort girl in the 5th grade. She had: Mega boobage. Bizzare.
No, it's usually until 5th or 6th grade.  When I was a kid it was kindergarten thru 6th grade, and then we went to junior high school from 7th thru 9th grade, and then high school from 10th to 12th grade... except they changed it while I was still in the school system, so I actually only went to junior high school from 7th thru 8th grade.  So now it's elementary school from kindergarten thru 5th grade, then middle school from 6th thru 8th grade, and then high school from 9th thru 12th.

Josquius

Weird thought of the day- what happens when a kid is in a movie which has some rather unsuitable violence/sex/whatever in it?
I'd imagine the kid would really want to see the movie he is in...Wonder how the parents explain away the fact that he can't...hmm....
██████
██████
██████