And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Tamas

As for home office:

I would really love to have a couple of days of it each week. Truth be told, I might be able to get it if asked, but high level policy here is strongly agains HO, un account of us being untrustworthy. So I dont want to push it

Since I am in what resembles a marketplace with roof instead of an office, with about 50-60 people in my hearing distance, it would be great to schedule my tasks involving more concentration than you can comfortably get in said environment to be done at home, where there is peace and quiet.

And frankly, anyone who wants to waste time in an office job instead of working, can do it, regardless of where he or she is sitting.

Josquius

How does one do non-work at work in a place with loads of other people around your computer?

Quote from: Phillip V on February 21, 2013, 04:04:40 AM
New official portraits. There is inevitable ageing of course, but I prefer the style of the 2009 portraits.

Mrs Obama gives me the impression of having hulked up a  bit. Obama; you can see the optimism has died.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

The top one's from 2013 isn't it? Look at that gray hair.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

derspiess

Quote from: Tyr on February 21, 2013, 06:12:16 AM
Mrs Obama gives me the impression of having hulked up a  bit. Obama; you can see the optimism has died.

Don't say anything about her ass.  It's racist if you do.  Unless you're Snoop Dogg.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on February 21, 2013, 12:36:35 AM
Fucking the daughter of a fellow senator.  Wow.  Just, wow.
that's hot
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

This map is pretty fun.

Map Of The Most Common Locations Where Craigslist "Missed Connections" Occur by State
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Zanza

New official portraits. There is inevitable ageing of course, but I prefer the style of the 2009 portraits.

Is there any American politician without an American flag lapel pin?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zanza on February 21, 2013, 12:18:55 PM

I've never seen Hillary wear one.  :hmm:

Willing to bet Bernie Sanders and Dennis Kucinich have never worn one.

fhdz

:D

Because they hate America?
and the horse you rode in on

derspiess

Quote from: Zanza on February 21, 2013, 12:18:55 PM

They forget where they are sometimes & need the reminder.

But seriously, it's one of those things that you don't even notice anymore if it's there.  It's only conspicuous in its absence.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: fahdiz on February 21, 2013, 12:22:38 PM
:D

Because they hate America?

Not the language i would have chosen, but also not that far from the truth.

Actually not sure about Bernie.  It's possible to hate everyone that wears a suit but still not hate America.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 20, 2013, 09:04:41 PM
Quote from: Tyr on February 20, 2013, 07:04:16 PM
I could really imagine working from home being tough. It is hard to concentrate seated in the same place and at the same computer you normally do all your fun stuff on.
If however its a job where getting the work done rather than putting the hours in is the priority then it could be excellent.

I just consider it a quality of life thing;  I try to make a very distinct demarcation between my work life and my home life, and I do not like to have either spill over into the other.  I really, really hate that.

You just have to make clear boundaries about when you are working and when you aren't.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.