And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Ouch

My Wife Is My Sister
In a live chat, Prudie counsels a man about an unthinkable discovery.

Q. Nasty Surprise: When my wife and I met in college, the attraction was immediate, and we quickly became inseparable. We had a number of things in common, we came from the same large metropolitan area, and we both wanted to return there after school, so everything was very natural between us. We married soon after graduation, moved back closer to our families, and had three children by the time we were 30. We were both born to lesbians, she to a couple, and me to a single woman. She had sought out her biological father as soon as she turned 18, as the sperm bank her parents used allowed contact once the children were 18 if both parties consented. I never was interested in learning about that for myself, but she felt we were cheating our future children by not learning everything we could about my past, too. Well, our anniversary is coming up and I decided to go ahead and, as a present to my wife, see if my biological father was interested in contact as well. He was, and even though our parents had used different sperm banks, it appears so did our father, as he is the same person. On the one hand, I love my wife more than I can say, and logically, done is done, we already have children. I have had a vasectomy, so we won't be having any more, so perhaps there is no harm in continuing as we are. But, I can't help but think "This is my sister" every time I look at her now. I haven't said anything to her yet, and I don't know if I should or not. Where do I go from here? I am tempted to burn everything I got from the sperm bank and just try to forget it all, but I'm not sure if I can. Please help me figure out where to go from here.

What advice would you give? Do you think Dear Prudence got trolled?   :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

mongers

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on February 22, 2013, 05:45:14 PM
Ouch

My Wife Is My Sister
In a live chat, Prudie counsels a man about an unthinkable discovery.

Q. Nasty Surprise: When my wife and I met in college, the attraction was immediate, and we quickly became inseparable. We had a number of things in common, we came from the same large metropolitan area, and we both wanted to return there after school, so everything was very natural between us. We married soon after graduation, moved back closer to our families, and had three children by the time we were 30. We were both born to lesbians, she to a couple, and me to a single woman. She had sought out her biological father as soon as she turned 18, as the sperm bank her parents used allowed contact once the children were 18 if both parties consented. I never was interested in learning about that for myself, but she felt we were cheating our future children by not learning everything we could about my past, too. Well, our anniversary is coming up and I decided to go ahead and, as a present to my wife, see if my biological father was interested in contact as well. He was, and even though our parents had used different sperm banks, it appears so did our father, as he is the same person. On the one hand, I love my wife more than I can say, and logically, done is done, we already have children. I have had a vasectomy, so we won't be having any more, so perhaps there is no harm in continuing as we are. But, I can't help but think "This is my sister" every time I look at her now. I haven't said anything to her yet, and I don't know if I should or not. Where do I go from here? I am tempted to burn everything I got from the sperm bank and just try to forget it all, but I'm not sure if I can. Please help me figure out where to go from here.

It's possible, like a one in ten thousand chance, but since this happened on the interwebs, yeah she got trolled.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

What was the point of that, Tim?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Take the secret to the grave.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

What advice would you give?

Ask her if she would give him a kidney if he needed one.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

What advice would you give?

Become one of those who finds that Hott.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on February 22, 2013, 06:10:44 PM
What was the point of that, Tim?
Thought it was amusing.

Moving on, I'd totally watch this.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Ugh to the retard art.

Anyways, game spy,ugo and some other game site are shutting down. Back when I was a video game nerd, I would have cared.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

The art is dumb. The concept, otoh, of Star Trek meets Planet of the Apes, is oddly intriguing.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Russian language experts: what does this say?  I'm guessing that the last part says year 1973, but the rest I dunno.

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Fair warning: Tonight, I intend to get drunk. I have a bottle of wine, and I'm not afraid to drink it. :mad:

:D
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

mongers

Quote from: merithyn on February 22, 2013, 09:24:05 PM
Fair warning: Tonight, I intend to get drunk. I have a bottle of wine, and I'm not afraid to drink it. :mad:

:D

Good luck with that. :cheers:

I'm off to bed.   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tonitrus

Quote from: derspiess on February 22, 2013, 09:01:41 PM
Russian language experts: what does this say?  I'm guessing that the last part says year 1973, but the rest I dunno.

My best guess is some kind of quality control inspection certificate.

The first word just means "label/stamp/ticket/tab, etc"

Not sure about the "oshinovshchick", but from the construct of the word, some sort of profession.  From the roots, I'd guess someone who works on/with tires (edit: further research it could also be related to electrical transformers)

OTK usually has to do with technical inspections (otdel' tekhnicheskyy kontrol), basically, the department of "quality control".

Zak. is likely "zakaz", as in an order (like a purchase order, or item order).  The last number is definitely a date... the "g." is usually always "goda", or "year".

fhdz

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 22, 2013, 08:04:36 PM
Ugh to the retard art.

Anyways, game spy,ugo and some other game site are shutting down. Back when I was a video game nerd, I would have cared.

Gamespy blows.

1UP was really neat, though. It'll be a shame to see them go.
and the horse you rode in on

Tonitrus

Found this site, with some Russians discussing an almost identical label...

http://murmolka.com/post/107843/Druzya-Bumajka-iz-korobki-s-7-62h54R-amunitsiey-CHto-takoe

Most agree that this kind of label is found in boxes of ammunition, and that the ошиновщик is probably a guy who works in packing the ammunition (at the factory) into boxes and onto pallets.

Thanks for the opportunity to get some language practice in.  :)