News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

It was an inspection tag or whatever that was in a crate of 880 rounds (two individual "spam" cans of 440 rounds each) of Russian 7.62x54R light ball ammo.

Here are the cans, as it were:

I'm being told that this means the date of manufacture was 1983 at plan 188 (Novosibirsk) but that doesn't agree with the tag that apparently says "1973 r.".  It's sealed in spam cans so 10 years difference doesn't matter to me.  It will shoot just as well.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Oh and Tamas if you're out there, this is a spam can of Hungarian-made 7.62x54R. 

I know this was made in 1987, but if you can decipher any of the rest of this, that'd be cool.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 22, 2013, 10:28:52 PM
Buy a shotgun.  :mad:

Bleh.  What's the fun in that?  I do keep inheriting them, though.  Sold the last one for $1400.  WTF am I going to do with a .410 anyway??

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 22, 2013, 08:04:36 PM
Ugh to the retard art.

Anyways, game spy,ugo and some other game site are shutting down. Back when I was a video game nerd, I would have cared.

Good.  Gamespy deserved what ever death it gets.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tonitrus

Quote from: derspiess on February 22, 2013, 10:25:52 PM

It was an inspection tag or whatever that was in a crate of 880 rounds (two individual "spam" cans of 440 rounds each) of Russian 7.62x54R light ball ammo.

Here are the cans, as it were:

I'm being told that this means the date of manufacture was 1983 at plan 188 (Novosibirsk) but that doesn't agree with the tag that apparently says "1973 r.".  It's sealed in spam cans so 10 years difference doesn't matter to me.  It will shoot just as well.

Maybe they were ordered in 1973, and finally produced in '83.  :P

CountDeMoney

Shoot it twice outside.  Watch the bad guys run.

derspiess

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on February 22, 2013, 10:55:52 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 22, 2013, 10:53:58 PM

Thanks, Crazy Joe :bleeding:

Somehow, Crazy Joe is substantially less crazy than Crazy Wayne.  And that's saying something.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 22, 2013, 10:57:34 PM
Quote from: derspiess on February 22, 2013, 10:55:52 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 22, 2013, 10:53:58 PM

Thanks, Crazy Joe :bleeding:

Somehow, Crazy Joe is substantially less crazy than Crazy Wayne.  And that's saying something.

Less crazy?  Doubtful.  But how about we get rid of them both?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on February 22, 2013, 10:59:09 PM
Less crazy?  Doubtful.  But how about we get rid of them both?

You'd like that.   :P  But no, there's only one Crazy Joe, and you'd miss him.

derspiess

CountDeMoney

ulmont

Quote from: derspiess on February 22, 2013, 10:33:29 PM
WTF am I going to do with a .410 anyway??

Shoot dove.  When you can consistently hit dove with a .410, you will finally be a man.