News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 16, 2011, 02:38:00 PM
What's Fort Worth likes?  This looks like it could be good news.

It is a city that likes to think Texas is still the wild wild west.

Part of the Dallas Metroplex.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ideologue

I saw a documentary about it once.  Mad Max, I think it was called.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on December 16, 2011, 02:39:23 PM
It is a city that likes to think Texas is still the wild wild west.
Sounds good.  That's what you want.  Why live in Texas if you're not living in 'Texas'?  :alberta:
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

Quote from: Valmy on December 16, 2011, 02:38:40 PM
Um he might be your only good chance to practice law.  Take the Texas Bar Exam and use your connection there.

I think I'll call him over the weekend.  Not beg him for a job, exactly, but just ask for some advice, or maybe see if he wants to catch lunch or whatever if I go to Texas.  I mean, it is a very attenuated connection, but I remember liking the guy when I was a kid.  He had a Nintendo.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

MadImmortalMan

I have family in Ft Worth. The visits I had there were not unpleasant. It's a nice place.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Capetan Mihali

My uncle became a born-again Christian when he got transferred to Ft. Worth by the freight rail company he works for.  I've been meaning to visit my little cousins down there but have never gotten around to it, since I'm not very close with my uncle or his wife.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 16, 2011, 03:35:23 PM
BNSF?

Yep.  I have a lot of their apparel from Christmases gone by.   :D

They had him in Chicago, and then some little desert town in Arizona, then Ft. Worth for the last 10 years or so.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ed Anger

I almost took a job with Trinity Industries.

http://www.trin.net/

I passed. I tire of corporate warfare.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

It also seems to me that Texas, especially the Dallas/Fort Worth area, has the biggest concentration of variety in breastaraunts.

Caliga

Such as?

Here we have Hooters, Tilted Kilt, and Brick House.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

Brick House? They're dressed like...builders?
██████
██████
██████

Tonitrus

Quote from: Caliga on December 16, 2011, 08:44:33 PM
Such as?

Here we have Hooters, Tilted Kilt, and Brick House.

All those, plus Twin Peaks, Bone Daddy's House of Smoke, Honeyshack, and Burger Girl.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Good grief that was a strenuous before bedtime task, having to rebuild my mattress.  <_<
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"