And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Neil

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on December 14, 2011, 09:15:08 PM
I love you little naifs running around with submachine guns thinking "my state has castle doctrine i'll never get in trouble with the law" without a clue how absolutely fucking abysmal the county jail is, let alone prison.
Actually, my thinking is 'I don't have to own a gun because I'm not a criminal and I don't live in a country with American blacks'.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josquius

Quote from: The Larch on December 15, 2011, 08:27:32 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 15, 2011, 08:12:45 AM
Quote from: The Larch on December 15, 2011, 08:06:33 AM
What's American handball? You mean your so-called "Football"? :p

Two players use their hands to smack a ball against a wall. Like squash without a raquet. Typically played by priests and young gangsters at the crossroads of their life.

Oh, in Spain that's called "Pelota vasca". It's huge in the Basque country, Navarra and Rioja. People bet shitloads of money on it and players are local celebrities. Jai Alai is one of its many variants. For some bizarre reason it's also very popular in the region where my mother comes from, rural Castilla, and every tiny village has a court. Apparently it's traditionally popular amongst priests because back in the day people would play against the village church walls after mass.

If you can't beat them join them?

I've heard of that game...can't think what the English name is. I think we might just use some Spanish name.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: Tyr on December 15, 2011, 09:14:09 AM
Quote from: The Larch on December 15, 2011, 08:27:32 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 15, 2011, 08:12:45 AM
Quote from: The Larch on December 15, 2011, 08:06:33 AM
What's American handball? You mean your so-called "Football"? :p

Two players use their hands to smack a ball against a wall. Like squash without a raquet. Typically played by priests and young gangsters at the crossroads of their life.

Oh, in Spain that's called "Pelota vasca". It's huge in the Basque country, Navarra and Rioja. People bet shitloads of money on it and players are local celebrities. Jai Alai is one of its many variants. For some bizarre reason it's also very popular in the region where my mother comes from, rural Castilla, and every tiny village has a court. Apparently it's traditionally popular amongst priests because back in the day people would play against the village church walls after mass.

If you can't beat them join them?

AFAIK it's because they were asked to referee the games, as they were respected and neutral. Also I guess that many priests were also players in their youth and/or in the seminars.

Caliga

I drank a Corona and played a Droid saltwater fishing game on my flight back from Chicago.  It's like I wasn't even on a plane. :cool:

...and then we hit massive turbulence descending into the Ohio Valley so I was brought back to reality. :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Lettow77

Boston Cream Pie is good stuff. I want to go get some more, but i'd never make it to the store without my sight, and I can't just go out into public all maddeningly vision-capable or anything.

I wish my roommate was willing to be my seeing eye roommate, but on the contrary he is opposed to encouraging my cane. Suffering.

This tea is wonderful, but i'm not going to be able to stay up as late as I wanted to. I wish that Tasmanian was awake already.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

The Larch

Quote from: Lettow77 on December 15, 2011, 01:46:52 PM
Boston Cream Pie is good stuff. I want to go get some more, but i'd never make it to the store without my sight, and I can't just go out into public all maddeningly vision-capable or anything.

I wish my roommate was willing to be my seeing eye roommate, but on the contrary he is opposed to encouraging my cane. Suffering.

I don't know why I ask, but...sight? Vision capable? Seeing eye? Cane? WTF are you rambling about?

The Brain

Quote from: The Larch on December 15, 2011, 01:49:37 PM

I don't know why I ask, but...sight? Vision capable? Seeing eye? Cane? WTF are you rambling about?

Recreational blindness.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Larch

Quote from: The Brain on December 15, 2011, 01:50:58 PM
Quote from: The Larch on December 15, 2011, 01:49:37 PM

Recreational blindness.

Wut?

Lettow77

Did I seriously not mention that here? Come to think of it, when was the last time I posted on languish?

Yeah, I got a tapping cane. An entire wing of my sonnets is being devoted to blindness. I've made only four so far on the subject, but I plan 30 eventually.  I walk everywhere with my eyes closed and my cane tapping. Eyes are open for class or within my room or wherever it is i'm going to, such as the library or whatnot.

edit: I see I mentioned it here before, then.

Caliga

Blind people everywhere would rejoice at Lettuce's show of solidarity if they could actually see him imitating them. :showoff:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Quote from: Lettow77 on December 15, 2011, 01:55:26 PM
Did I seriously not mention that here? Come to think of it, when was the last time I posted on languish?

Yeah, I got a tapping cane. An entire wing of my sonnets is being devoted to blindness. I've made only four so far on the subject, but I plan 30 eventually.  I walk everywhere with my eyes closed and my cane tapping. Eyes are open for class or within my room or wherever it is i'm going to, such as the library or whatnot.

edit: I see I mentioned it here before, then.

That is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen posted on languish.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ideologue

Quote from: BarristerThat is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen posted on languish.

God damn.  That's harsh, and yet I find myself compelled to agree.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Larch

I knew I'd regret asking...

Lettow77

Hey man, you gots to FEEL with it. Blindness is moe~

Also it lets you appreciate how loud black people are
I mean really what a vibrant and boisterous race