News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

Between all of the stuff during Trump's term with the Secret Service, especially on January 6th, and now this, it appears sweeping reforms and changes need to come to it and soon.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Josquius on July 24, 2024, 12:58:26 PMI do hope out of this the SS gets reformed including receiving a new name which is
1:more accurate to their job.
2:doesn't involve talking about The SS. It's too SSy

(https://youtu.be/anjbOuMiGXY?si=B33Vu-P5u94I-G9K)

If Trump wins that abbreviation might become more appropriate.

HVC

Trump has gone woke and is defending his female secret service agent
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

viper37

Politics Giuliani must turn over Manhattan apartment, other valuables to election workers he defamed, judge says

QuoteTen months after a jury awarded two Georgia election workers nearly $150 million in a defamation lawsuit brought against Rudy Giuliani, a federal judge ruled Tuesday that the former attorney to Donald Trump must fork over his luxurious New York apartment and other valuables.

Giuliani, who rose to fame in the 1980s and 1990s as a federal prosecutor and mayor of New York City, has seven days to turn over his possessions to a receivership controlled by Ruby Freeman and Shaye Moss. Giuliani spread conspiracy theories targeting the ballot counters after Trump lost the 2020 election.
Giuliani has previously tried to sell the apartment for about $6 million.

In his 24-page order, Judge Lewis Liman also ruled that Freeman and Moss should be the beneficiaries of some $2 million that Giuliani has said Trump's 2020 campaign owes him. Other valuables he must turn over include more than two dozen high-end watches, a jersey signed by New York Yankees Hall of Famer Joe Dimaggio, furniture and other sports memorabilia. 

Liman deferred judgment on whether Freeman and Moss are owed a trio of World Series rings that Giuliani's son, Andrew, has said belong to him. Liman also declined to rule on whether Giuliani must turn over a condo in Palm Beach, Florida.

Giuliani has been disbarred in New York and Washington, D.C., and the fallout from his 2020 post-election actions has continued even as Trump is just two weeks away from an election that could see him retake the White House.

Giuliani no longer works for Trump directly, but in September 2023, the former president hosted a fundraiser at his New Jersey golf club to aid Giuliani's legal bills.

A spokesperson for Giuliani did not immediately reply to a request for comment.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Giuliani is such a tragic figure (which doesn't mean he doesn't deserve what's coming).

He had a successful career as a prosecutor :wub: which he turned into a very successful run as Mayor of New York.  He was seen as a national figure after 9/11.

He then failed in bids for the Senate, and in 2008 for President, but still a well respected figure.

But then no - in 2016 he had to throw his hat in with Trump and flushed it all away.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DGuller

I think people are badly wrong to mock Trump and dismiss him.  He truly is charismatic.  That doesn't mean that his charisma works on everyone, no one's charisma does, but for some of the people it works on it works so well that they're willing to destroy themselves.  It happened again and again, and no matter how often Trump cuts people lose after they're no longer useful to him, the supply of new people to use never seems to dry up.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on October 22, 2024, 03:54:36 PMGiuliani is such a tragic figure (which doesn't mean he doesn't deserve what's coming).

He had a successful career as a prosecutor :wub: which he turned into a very successful run as Mayor of New York.  He was seen as a national figure after 9/11.

He then failed in bids for the Senate, and in 2008 for President, but still a well respected figure.

But then no - in 2016 he had to throw his hat in with Trump and flushed it all away.

Yep. Hard to believe Rudy was once one of the most popular people in the country.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: DGuller on October 22, 2024, 03:59:57 PMI think people are badly wrong to mock Trump and dismiss him.  He truly is charismatic.  That doesn't mean that his charisma works on everyone, no one's charisma does, but for some of the people it works on it works so well that they're willing to destroy themselves.  It happened again and again, and no matter how often Trump cuts people lose after they're no longer useful to him, the supply of new people to use never seems to dry up.

Yeah I think anybody who has done this since February 2016 is a fool. When he came in second at the Iowa Caucus I had a second when I hoped the balloon was about to deflate but then he easily won in New Hampshire and that was that.

And he does seem to do a great job charming a certain kind of person. Elon is clearly being charmed and sucked up to. Of course if Trump wins he will get rid of him the second he becomes a liability. But people like Rudy and Elon have tremendous egos, they don't think it will happen to them. They think they are special.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sophie Scholl

Was Rudy popular outside of his 9/11 response/management? If memory serves, he was pretty reviled before that by most folks. His, "America's Mayor" title pretty much solely had to do with the 9/11 hero worship/Event Memory that was deeply implanted into American and, to a lesser extent, global consciousness.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sophie Scholl on October 22, 2024, 10:22:18 PMWas Rudy popular outside of his 9/11 response/management? If memory serves, he was pretty reviled before that by most folks. His, "America's Mayor" title pretty much solely had to do with the 9/11 hero worship/Event Memory that was deeply implanted into American and, to a lesser extent, global consciousness.

I thought he was liked.  He was widely credited with making NYC safer and making it a family friendly tourist destination.  He had a guest spot on SNL in which Jimmy Fallon mocked his combover.

Crazy_Ivan80

He was known over here for making new York a safe place again, and that was before 911.

garbon

If this is accurate he mainly stumbled in net favorability around the time he was facing Clinton for the senate seat. Wiki also suggests things like his affair and a police shooting of a black guy soured people on him.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

And implied in that chart is that he was pretty popular in his first term too.

Though with Giuliani and his huge support for Trump, I always remember that description of him in his 2008 campaign as a "a small man in search of a balcony" and it's maybe less surprising.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Giuliani does seem set for a great biopic down the line.

Alas I do think for much of the world he will be forever the pervert in the hotel room.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Josquius on Today at 05:00:57 AMGiuliani does seem set for a great biopic down the line.

Better than Rudy? :w00t:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.