News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on July 18, 2024, 06:42:17 PMSure when it is a student like Columbine.

But more often they seem to just be carried out by randos.
Although I think the common understanding and how Columbine was initially portrayed has been pretty heavily challenged now.

As you say this seems like a school shooting, or other mass shooting, or the "lone wolf" terrorism - but also like a lot of other Presidential assassinations. I mean look at Guiteau, Oswald, even attempts like Hinckley.
Let's bomb Russia!

DGuller

Quote from: Jacob on July 18, 2024, 06:52:02 PMA people at NRA conventions typically armed? How easy a target would an NRA convention be for a mass shooter?
I just want to point out to some of the potential readers of this forum that Jacob lives in Canada, and is not subject to jurisdiction of any US federal agency.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Jacob on July 18, 2024, 06:52:02 PMA people at NRA conventions typically armed? How easy a target would an NRA convention be for a mass shooter?

Just set off one of those Chinese New Year firecrackers and they'll take care of themselves.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Josquius

It is quite a 'funny' thought. If you forget the murder of course.
You'd quickly see a lot of big talkers running and hiding and some wannabe heroes trying to play Rambo and probably killing each other.
██████
██████
██████

Savonarola

I recently traveled between Florida and Michigan and discovered there is a Trump Superstore in Knoxville, Tennessee.  We didn't go in; but looking at some of the items available on their website:

I find myself flummoxed.

My wife and I also went to a Space Coast Symphony Orchestra concert where they played Tchaikovsky's Romeo and Juliet overture and Rachmaninoff's Symphony Number 1.  The woman sitting ahead of us spent the entire concert on her phone looking at Donald Trump shirts.  I thought that was fitting, everyone celebrates Russian culture in his own way.   :) 
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Norgy

Tonitrus

Someday that golden head will be found in a ruined temple and cause a giant stone ball to roll on top of you.

Norgy

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 22, 2024, 01:27:23 PMSomeday that golden head will be found in a ruined temple and cause a giant stone ball to roll on top of you.

Archeologists are going to have a field day with those. Can't wait to hear the religious theories they'll invent to explain that.

Savonarola

Quote from: Norgy on July 22, 2024, 01:29:27 PMAre those... red flip-flops?

And a fairy wand, and American flag boxing trunks (maybe? :unsure:), like Rocky.  Is he supposed to be Colossus's Fairy Godfather? 
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Norgy

Quote from: Savonarola on July 22, 2024, 01:49:55 PM
Quote from: Norgy on July 22, 2024, 01:29:27 PMAre those... red flip-flops?

And a fairy wand, and American flag boxing trunks (maybe? :unsure:), like Rocky.  Is he supposed to be Colossus's Fairy Godfather? 

It is... a work of... well, something that is not art, yet so thoroughly unsettling it might qualify anyway.
Art is supposed to evoke emotion and stir thought, right?  :uffda: :unsure:

HVC

I want it. I don't know why I want it, but I want it.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

Tonitrus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 22, 2024, 04:41:40 PM"US Seller" is an odd bit of flair.

Translation:  Made in China, but at least your middleman is a red-blooded 'Merican.

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 22, 2024, 04:41:40 PM"US Seller" is an odd bit of flair.

Its surprisingly honest.  We know he's going to sell the US, but I thought that his followers believed otherwise.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!