News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

Today Mark Rutte takes over NATO after Jens Stoltenberg, my fave PM and all around good-guy. I wish the Dutch cunt some luck, but not the best of luck. I hate the Dutch. And Phlegms.

Admiral Yi

How can you hate the Dutch? :o

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 01, 2024, 10:15:35 AMHow can you hate the Dutch? :o

Also hates people who are intolerant of other cultures.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Norgy

viper37

Quote from: Norgy on October 01, 2024, 05:58:31 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 01, 2024, 10:15:35 AMHow can you hate the Dutch? :o

A bad trip in Amsterdam.  :ph34r:
Bad trip in Amsterdam, bad trip to the UK... maybe the problem lies elsewhere? :hmm:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Norgy

Quote from: viper37 on October 01, 2024, 07:55:11 PM
Quote from: Norgy on October 01, 2024, 05:58:31 PM

A bad trip in Amsterdam.  :ph34r:
Bad trip in Amsterdam, bad trip to the UK... maybe the problem lies elsewhere? :hmm:

Yes. It does.
It lies with the tripper.

Josquius

To be fair, the Dutch are subhuman scum with skulls that clearly highlight their descent more from beasts than man.
And orange?
What sort of sicko likes orange?
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

I do find Dutch "honesty" a bit too much some times :lol: :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Quote from: Sheilbh on Today at 05:20:23 AMI do find Dutch "honesty" a bit too much some times :lol: :ph34r:

You don't like dat honesty?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Sheilbh on Today at 05:20:23 AMI do find Dutch "honesty" a bit too much some times :lol: :ph34r:

They can be very direct.

Valmy

That was definitely a take away I had from my time in Europe.

Are Texans fake with their pretended friendliness all the time? Yes. Yes we are. We will pretend to like you even if we hate you. But do you know what? I am ok with that. Having to deal with people's honesty all the time is annoying.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

I think that if everyone were like Dutch, people would get used to it, but the benefit of more honest communication would remain.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on Today at 09:05:40 AMThat was definitely a take away I had from my time in Europe.

Are Texans fake with their pretended friendliness all the time? Yes. Yes we are. We will pretend to like you even if we hate you. But do you know what? I am ok with that. Having to deal with people's honesty all the time is annoying.
Yeah Brits are dishonest/hide what they really feel. But I think that's worth it and is just politeness :lol:

I have a friend who did his PhD in the Netherlands and the "directness" almost destroyed him mentally. He had some horror stories and to British ears some just seem incredibly rude - and in some cases just an excuse to be racist.
Let's bomb Russia!

Maladict

Quote from: Sheilbh on Today at 09:59:09 AMI have a friend who did his PhD in the Netherlands and the "directness" almost destroyed him mentally. He had some horror stories and to British ears some just seem incredibly rude - and in some cases just an excuse to be racist.

Care to share one? Just curious what a Brit would consider beyond the pale.

Josquius

Honestly (....) I've never had much bother with the famous Dutch bluntness.
But then I think I do sway that way a bit myself.

Quote from: Valmy on Today at 09:05:40 AM

That was definitely a take away I had from my time in Europe.

The problem I find with the American way is that its just all surface. The real feelings aren't hidden in there.
With Brits or Japanese for instance it'll be reasonably clear we are politely telling you to fuck off.
██████
██████
██████