News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Israel-Hamas War 2023

Started by Zanza, October 07, 2023, 04:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OttoVonBismarck

There is no validity to Palestinian nationalism because ethno terrorism is intrinsically illegitimate. We of the West must always stand against it, especially when it is also associated with Islam—the eternal enemy of the West and the chief anti-Western ideology.

Razgovory

Are some nationalism's better than others?  Lettow's southern nationalism seemed different than Swiss nationalism.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Tamas on Today at 02:27:00 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on Today at 02:16:39 PMI wonder whether the Israeli attack was actually a blunder. Wouldn't it have made sense to save it for when disrupting Hezbollah C&C mattered most? 

I read in some article (summary) somewhere thst maybe the Israelis were worried their scheme would be discovered.

Then again maybe they had intel that hezbollah was preparing something big and wanted to prevent or delay it.
I imagine this isn't something Israel could sit on indefinitely.  It only takes one guy to drop the pager and see C4 fall out of it to raise the alarm.  A zero-day hack, on the other hand, is something you can sit on for a long time, and I do wonder what hacks Russia and China have in their arsenals that they'll deploy if there is ever an active conflict with the West.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Razgovory on Today at 04:45:43 PMAre some nationalism's better than others?  Lettow's southern nationalism seemed different than Swiss nationalism.

Some nationalisms definitely manifest in more ugly, violent and dysfunctional ways than others.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson