News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a BIDEN Presidency look like?

Started by Caliga, November 07, 2020, 12:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

grumbler

The chair needs to have the power to shut off microphones.  Or else to declare permanent "technical difficulties" that prevents MTG's microphone from working at all.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Jacob

I haven't follow this closely. Would you say this made MTG and the GOP look like tools and the Democrats reasonable, or is this more of a "Look at all these clowns in congress! Both sides!" thing?

grumbler

Quote from: Jacob on May 17, 2024, 11:57:17 AMI haven't follow this closely. Would you say this made MTG and the GOP look like tools and the Democrats reasonable, or is this more of a "Look at all these clowns in congress! Both sides!" thing?

More of a MTG yammering constantly and AOC and Jasmin Crockett tossing back zingers while the chair haplessly tries to restore order.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

I couldn't tell what AOC said that might have set the Georgia Troll off, but everything after that she acted like an adult.  Crocket was definitely talking serious smack, but in the context of asking Committee Chairman Pseudoscience what was allowed and what was not.  I'm fine with that.

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on May 17, 2024, 11:57:17 AMI haven't follow this closely. Would you say this made MTG and the GOP look like tools and the Democrats reasonable, or is this more of a "Look at all these clowns in congress! Both sides!" thing?

MTG manages what I thought would be impossible by making AOC look reasonable.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

Saw a middle aged guy with a "Let's Go Brandon" t-shirt on the subway the other day. Unsure if they knew what it was actually referring to.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: Savonarola on May 17, 2024, 09:58:26 AMI think Majorie Taylor Greene and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's junior high school catfight "Debate" at last night's oversight committee meeting truly captures the spirit of the United States in 2024:

https://x.com/acyn/status/1791314730063466704?s=46

Let's see, best of times, no, worst of times, no, age of wisdom, not at all, or here it is: "It was the age of foolishness."

That third lady's intervention at the end, while hilarious in a way, certainly didn't help things either. They should know better than to engage that retarded blonde bitch at her level.

Anyways, feels like we are one more step closer to this:

frunk

I'm pretty sure if Dwayne Comacho was actually running for president he'd win in a landslide.

HVC

Quote from: frunk on June 06, 2024, 05:40:29 AMI'm pretty sure if Dwayne Comacho was actually running for president he'd win in a landslide.

:secret: I don't think MAGAs are voting for a lot of black people
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Legbiter

Quote from: Tamas on June 06, 2024, 03:30:53 AMAnyways, feels like we are one more step closer to this:

President Dwayne Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho was a steely-eyed technocrat who recruited the smartest man alive and empowered him to do whatever was needed to solve their biggest problems.  :hmm: 

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

The Brain

Quote from: Legbiter on June 07, 2024, 07:44:42 PMPresident Dwayne Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho was a steely-eyed technocrat who recruited the smartest man alive and empowered him to do whatever was needed to solve their biggest problems.  :hmm: 

"Will be". It hasn't happened yet.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Quote from: HVC on June 06, 2024, 05:44:26 AM
Quote from: frunk on June 06, 2024, 05:40:29 AMI'm pretty sure if Dwayne Comacho was actually running for president he'd win in a landslide.

I dunno. Its a curious thought.
America is America so maybe its different. But in Europe our fasc tend to love it when there's a minority on their side. Lets them point and go "See! Its not racist to say muslims are all pigs and should be killed! Here's an Arab guy saying it!".
Even a bit away from the extreme, some of the most prominent and despicable Tories in recent years have been ethnic minorities.
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

Quote from: Josquius on June 10, 2024, 03:15:37 AM
Quote from: HVC on June 06, 2024, 05:44:26 AM

I dunno. Its a curious thought.
America is America so maybe its different. But in Europe our fasc tend to love it when there's a minority on their side. Lets them point and go "See! Its not racist to say muslims are all pigs and should be killed! Here's an Arab guy saying it!".
Even a bit away from the extreme, some of the most prominent and despicable Tories in recent years have been ethnic minorities.

No I think you're right.  MAGA would happily vote for a black man who shared their values.

Google "Herman Cain".
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson