What does a BIDEN Presidency look like?

Started by Caliga, November 07, 2020, 12:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 11, 2024, 08:20:01 PMI assume one reason Biden didn't plead to the charge is that he has a decent constitutional appeal which is going to cause real headaches for the 2nd amendment crowd in the judiciary.

He's just Standing His Ground!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 11, 2024, 08:19:03 PMThat's what corporate boards are for.  Influence peddling and CEOs putting their cronies in to wave through comp packages.  I don't know why we would start singling out Bidens and Trumps for that practice when no objection is raised when anyone and everyone else does it.

Yeah well that is how we have a situation where the Board of Tesla wants to steal billions from its investors to pay a big bonus to Elon, and low and behold the board is packed with his family members and buddies.

Corporate America is getting so corrupt that I now think fondly of the days they were trying to maximize shareholder value at the expense of customers and employees. Better some pension plans than just one guy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

I suppose with the Trump kids and all their dodgy dealings there's the partial defence that this is nepotism from Trump the big famous businessman rather than Trump the corrupt politician.

The HB case and the reaction is quite funny. Its being celebrated by the Trumpies despite giving evidence against their claims of the system being biased and really HB's stance being the one that is more 'their side', 2nd amendment et al.
But then Trumpies don't care about facts and reality. Your side can do a thousand bad things but when the other side potentially does something remotely similar the once? Well thats a scandal.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

SCOTUS puts bump stocks back on the menu.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c6pp5xl13wlo

Quote[...]

The court, quoting part of the legal definition of machine guns, said rifles with a bump stock "cannot fire more than one shot 'by a single function of the trigger', and even if they could, they would not do so 'automatically'".

[...]

The bump stock harnesses a rifle's recoil to rapidly fire multiple rounds. It replaces the weapon's stock, which is held against the shoulder, and allows the gun to slide back and forward between the user's shoulder and trigger finger. That motion - or bump - lets the gun fire without the user having to move their finger.

The attacker in the Las Vegas shooting had attached bump stocks to 12 of his semi-automatic rifles which allowed him to fire hundreds of rounds per minute, the same rate as many machine guns. He killed 60 people and wounded hundreds more who had gathered for a music festival.

[...]

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.