News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Israel-Hamas War 2023

Started by Zanza, October 07, 2023, 04:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I am basing my understanding of the Anti-Israel movement on the organizations that lead the protests.  Like BDS.  What is yours based on?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Solmyr

I support Israel's right to exist, and also think Netanyahu is a fascist asshole who belongs in prison (and I think many Israelis think the same, given the protests against him).

Josquius

Quote from: Razgovory on June 06, 2024, 10:11:11 PMI am basing my understanding of the Anti-Israel movement on the organizations that lead the protests.  Like BDS.  What is yours based on?

So you're basing your views of the majority of people based on the handful of people who are upset enough to organise and run an entire movement called the ANTI ISRAEL movement...

Look at polls and you'll see amongst the people we're talking about, the mainstream, that having more sympathy for the Palestinians/condemning Israeli actions is a perfectly standard view.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/trackers/sympathies-for-the-israelis-palestinian-conflict
https://yougov.co.uk/international/articles/49331-eurotrack-should-israel-be-allowed-to-compete-in-eurovision
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/apr/03/majority-of-voters-in-uk-back-banning-arm-sales-to-israel-poll-finds
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Keep going guys, I am sure one of you is on the verge of convincing the other, and it's only been 282 pages.

Razgovory

Quote from: Josquius on June 07, 2024, 03:06:54 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 06, 2024, 10:11:11 PMI am basing my understanding of the Anti-Israel movement on the organizations that lead the protests.  Like BDS.  What is yours based on?

So you're basing your views of the majority of people based on the handful of people who are upset enough to organise and run an entire movement called the ANTI ISRAEL movement...

Look at polls and you'll see amongst the people we're talking about, the mainstream, that having more sympathy for the Palestinians/condemning Israeli actions is a perfectly standard view.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/trackers/sympathies-for-the-israelis-palestinian-conflict
https://yougov.co.uk/international/articles/49331-eurotrack-should-israel-be-allowed-to-compete-in-eurovision
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/apr/03/majority-of-voters-in-uk-back-banning-arm-sales-to-israel-poll-finds
I don't think you understand what I am saying.  I'm not saying the majority of people, I'm saying the majority of people in the Anti-Israel/Pro-Palestinian movement.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

Quote from: Tamas on June 07, 2024, 03:26:34 AMKeep going guys, I am sure one of you is on the verge of convincing the other, and it's only been 282 pages.

The pages of languish is a critical battleground. It's not about convincing the other party, but about fighting for the truth for all to see. If we cede an inch of ground on languish, the consequences could be enormous!

Either that or they enjoy the process itself.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on June 07, 2024, 03:26:34 AMKeep going guys, I am sure one of you is on the verge of convincing the other, and it's only been 282 pages.

Come on lads! We'll get them this time for sure!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Solmyr

Admiral Yi

Four hostages rescued by commandos in central Gaza.  One commando dead, Israel says 100 Palestinian casualties, Hamas claims 100 dead and 200 wounded, calls it a massacre.

Valmy

Glad the hostages were rescued.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Hamas moaning about civilian casualties when they were themselves hiding behind the skirts of civilians while holding their kidnap victims is rich.  No one needed to die; Hamas could have released these hostages at any time, but chose to risk the lives of civilians instead.  I feel bad for the Palestinian victims of Hamas cowardice, but don't see how Israel could have done anything but what they did, even at the risk of collateral deaths.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Hamilcar

Checking in every 3-6 months is more efficient.

Hamilcar

FWIW Israel should just cite the Potsdam and Casablanca declarations as precedent and demand the unconditional surrender of Hamas. Until the terrorists surrender, the war continues.

OttoVonBismarck

This situation with the raid that rescued four Israeli hostages shows the magical thinking involved by the Palestinians and pro-Pal forces in the West.

The Palestinian doctor and journalist who were keeping Israeli hostages locked up were obviously Hamas terrorists--civilians don't hold hostages by force. But now that they are dead they are innocent civilians. In Gaza anyone who dies becomes an innocent civilian, regardless of what they were doing up to the moment of death.

Hamilcar

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on June 09, 2024, 09:20:45 AMThis situation with the raid that rescued four Israeli hostages shows the magical thinking involved by the Palestinians and pro-Pal forces in the West.

The Palestinian doctor and journalist who were keeping Israeli hostages locked up were obviously Hamas terrorists--civilians don't hold hostages by force. But now that they are dead they are innocent civilians. In Gaza anyone who dies becomes an innocent civilian, regardless of what they were doing up to the moment of death.

They are all civilian refugee pregnant children journalists.