News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Israel-Hamas War 2023

Started by Zanza, October 07, 2023, 04:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Is it?  The forces on each side seem to be aligned, and for the protesters ending American influence seems to be the main goal.  On the Pdox boards the most far guy American, vicious critic of the supporting Ukraine changed his avatar to that of the flag of Palestine.  It kinda made me think.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Quote from: Razgovory on June 05, 2024, 08:39:21 AMIs it?  The forces on each side seem to be aligned, and for the protesters ending American influence seems to be the main goal.  On the Pdox boards the most far guy American, vicious critic of the supporting Ukraine changed his avatar to that of the flag of Palestine.  It kinda made me think.

Lets just ignore all those countries supporting Ukraine and criticising Israel then.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Quote from: Josquius on June 05, 2024, 08:54:28 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 05, 2024, 08:39:21 AMIs it?  The forces on each side seem to be aligned, and for the protesters ending American influence seems to be the main goal.  On the Pdox boards the most far guy American, vicious critic of the supporting Ukraine changed his avatar to that of the flag of Palestine.  It kinda made me think.

Lets just ignore all those countries supporting Ukraine and criticising Israel then.
Let's just ignore what the Israelis, Ukrainians, and Palestinians think.  Let's just ignore the long standing alliance between the Soviets and the Palestinians. Let's just forget that the leader of the PA was a spy for the KGB. This isn't about "criticizing" Israel.  The Palestinians don't review bomb Israel, they use real warheads.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Jacob

Apparently Israeli right wingers marched through East Jerusalem to the al-Aqsha mosque / Temple Mount. Reports are they attacked various Palestinians, and a violent mob beat up two journalists (separate incidents I think), one from Haaretz and another a Palestinian.

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on June 05, 2024, 05:59:43 PMApparently Israeli right wingers marched through East Jerusalem to the al-Aqsha mosque / Temple Mount. Reports are they attacked various Palestinians, and a violent mob beat up two journalists (separate incidents I think), one from Haaretz and another a Palestinian.

They really are a Middle Eastern country.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Jacob on June 05, 2024, 05:59:43 PMApparently Israeli right wingers marched through East Jerusalem to the al-Aqsha mosque / Temple Mount. Reports are they attacked various Palestinians, and a violent mob beat up two journalists (separate incidents I think), one from Haaretz and another a Palestinian.

Sounds like a big nothingburger right? Nothing a Jew in London wouldn't face from an angry Muslim mob, and we're told those aren't a big deal there.

Josquius

This happened in London when?

Quote from: Razgovory on June 05, 2024, 05:22:19 PM
Quote from: Josquius on June 05, 2024, 08:54:28 AM

Let's just ignore what the Israelis, Ukrainians, and Palestinians think.  Let's just ignore the long standing alliance between the Soviets and the Palestinians. Let's just forget that the leader of the PA was a spy for the KGB. This isn't about "criticizing" Israel.  The Palestinians don't review bomb Israel, they use real warheads.
Yeah.... Israel is the one getting bombed to dust.... Right.

The Israels, Palestinians and Ukrainians absolutely don't see their wars as the same. Israels aid to Ukraine is still fairly low, and even as its beginning to emerge it's set to be on a south Korea style unofficial level.

I have no idea why you're mentioning the Soviets here.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

I believe Zelensky has claimed that they are the same struggle.  And the Palestinians of course seen Zelensky as a filthy zionist, the decedent of pigs and apes.  Both Left-wing and Right-wing protestors see this as the same cause.  I understand your apprehension on the issue.  It's one thing for rockets to fall on Tel Aviv, but rockets pointed at you...

Josquius

Quote from: Razgovory on June 06, 2024, 04:14:14 PMI believe Zelensky has claimed that they are the same struggle.  And the Palestinians of course seen Zelensky as a filthy zionist, the decedent of pigs and apes.  Both Left-wing and Right-wing protestors see this as the same cause.  I understand your apprehension on the issue.  It's one thing for rockets to fall on Tel Aviv, but rockets pointed at you...

I have no apprehension. Mine is the mainstream view.
Russia and Hamas both can get back in the sea. Israel needs to stop behaving like it belongs in the same club.
I have no idea what you're talking about with rockets pointed at me.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Quote from: Josquius on June 06, 2024, 04:16:55 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 06, 2024, 04:14:14 PMI believe Zelensky has claimed that they are the same struggle.  And the Palestinians of course seen Zelensky as a filthy zionist, the decedent of pigs and apes.  Both Left-wing and Right-wing protestors see this as the same cause.  I understand your apprehension on the issue.  It's one thing for rockets to fall on Tel Aviv, but rockets pointed at you...

Russia and Hamas both can get back in the sea. Israel needs to stop behaving like it belongs in the same club.

No, I don't think you are the mainstream, maybe you were back in 2003, but the world has moved on.  The mainstream anti-Israel stance is that Israel shouldn't exist and that it should be eradicated by any means necessary.  You jog behind the mob trying to tell us that no, they don't mean what they say, and it's just a few bad apples.

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on June 06, 2024, 04:32:46 PM

No, I don't think you are the mainstream, maybe you were back in 2003, but the world has moved on.  The mainstream anti-Israel stance is that Israel shouldn't exist and that it should be eradicated by any means necessary.  You jog behind the mob trying to tell us that no, they don't mean what they say, and it's just a few bad apples.

Forgive me for defending Jos on Israel...

...but that's not the mainstream centrist version.  I agree that on the hard left (which is where Jos normally resides) the view is Israel shouldn't exist ("settler-colonial state"), but not the centre.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on June 06, 2024, 04:35:08 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 06, 2024, 04:32:46 PM

Forgive me for defending Jos on Israel...

...but that's not the mainstream centrist version.  I agree that on the hard left (which is where Jos normally resides) the view is Israel shouldn't exist ("settler-colonial state"), but not the centre.
Is it?  Most of the anti-Israel organizations I know of are against Israel existing.  The mainstream isn't anti-Israel (at least in the West, in the Middle East...), so they don't really count.

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Josquius on June 06, 2024, 04:02:18 PMThis happened in London when?

Thanks for proving my point. "If a Jew is the target, it didn't happen." Common trope of the virulently antisemitic British left.

Valmy

I have no problem with Israel existing, I just have a problem with the last 30 years of Netanyahu and Israeli religious rightwing bullshit.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

QuoteForgive me for defending Jos on Israel...

...but that's not the mainstream centrist version.  I agree that on the hard left (which is where Jos normally resides) the view is Israel shouldn't exist ("settler-colonial state"), but not the centre
I'm hard left? :unsure:

Even amongst the far left it needs pointing out "Israel shouldn't exist`doesn't automatically equate to Razs claim of being pro genocide.
I'd put myself in this group in theory - wave my magic wand and there's no more Israel-Palestine split, just one big united federal democracy where everyone has equal rights and sings kumbaya- though I am skeptical of the reality and don't see it as a remotely likely outcome.

As far as practical reality goes I'm with the majority saying Israel stop being a fucking  dick.

QuoteIs it?  Most of the anti-Israel organizations I know of are against Israel existing.  The mainstream isn't anti-Israel (at least in the West, in the Middle East...), so they don't really count.   
So to get to the view of regular people across the left and centre you're looking at the views of 5 men in a pub groups that are dedicated to hating Israel?

Seriously. You're delving into delusion here.
Are you just trolling across this thread or are you seriously that detached from reality?

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on June 06, 2024, 05:23:19 PM
Quote from: Josquius on June 06, 2024, 04:02:18 PMThis happened in London when?

Thanks for proving my point. "If a Jew is the target, it didn't happen." Common trope of the virulently antisemitic British left.

:lmfao:
What a bizare dodge.
██████
██████
██████