Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Quote from: Barrister on January 13, 2023, 02:05:33 PMIt is, but only because our country was literally founded on killing and skinning the fuckers.  :Canuck:

It is wonderful, in these times of division, that something can unite all Canadians.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Sheilbh

Quote from: Barrister on January 13, 2023, 02:05:33 PMIt is, but only because our country was literally founded on killing and skinning the fuckers.  :Canuck:
:hmm: Interesting. We may have misread the situation :ph34r:

(Although we hunted ours to extinction about 400 years ago so....)
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 13, 2023, 03:01:24 PM
:hmm: Interesting. We may have misread the situation :ph34r:

(Although we hunted ours to extinction about 400 years ago so....)

All those wonderful waterproof beaverskin hats came from someplace Sheilbh

Thank you Canada for making Britain dapper.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Maximus

My understanding is that beaver hats weren't made from the skin but from the shaved-off hair, felt-style.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: Maximus on January 13, 2023, 06:56:46 PMMy understanding is that beaver hats weren't made from the skin but from the shaved-off hair, felt-style.

I think you're right, but trappers weren't exactly shaving the beavers out in the wild.  Instead it was beaver pelts that were shipped back to jolly ole' England.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Zanza

There is a NATO meeting on Ukraine in Ramstein next week and according to local media, Germany will then allow Leopard exports to Ukraine by other countries, but may not give own tanks.

Jacob

Quote from: Zanza on January 14, 2023, 01:47:23 AMThere is a NATO meeting on Ukraine in Ramstein next week and according to local media, Germany will then allow Leopard exports to Ukraine by other countries, but may not give own tanks.

While it'd be nice for Germany to chip in, the main thing is that tanks will arrive in Ukraine.

Syt

Viktoria Apanasenko, representing Ukraine at the Miss Universe contest in NOLA:

:o :wub:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Is she going to decapitate Miss Russia?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Josquius

Holy Warhammer 40k wet dreams made real.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Crazy_Ivan80