Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Quote from: Zanza on January 16, 2023, 12:08:08 PMShe is not the right person to lead a re-armament of the Bundeswehr.

Need the right person to lead the remilitarization of the Rhineland. :P

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

The Brain

The Pistorii have an unfortunate history.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Well, that's a map someone posted. Worse than Timmay's maps.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

But why?  Why would anyone want that?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Russians are desperate to normalize the idea that European borders in general can/should be changed in general, as it then legitimizes their own land grab.  That's why they keep suggesting Poland wants to grab parts of Ukraine (and to a small extent, HUngary).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Russia finally takes Constantinople

Also I don't know if turning England and the Baltics into a nuclear wasteland might not have some impact on the neighboring countries.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on January 17, 2023, 12:27:21 PMRussians are desperate to normalize the idea that European borders in general can/should be changed in general, as it then legitimizes their own land grab.  That's why they keep suggesting Poland wants to grab parts of Ukraine (and to a small extent, HUngary).

And others should be nuked and become uninhabitable.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

The way they drew the Danish / German border it's unclear to me whether the Danish islands remain Danish or are German.

Anyhow, what I'd like to see is a map of Russia with the yoke of Muscovy broken, and divided into reasonable smaller independent countries. If no such maps exist, I'd hope someone start producing them soon.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Barrister on January 17, 2023, 12:27:21 PMRussians are desperate to normalize the idea that European borders in general can/should be changed in general, as it then legitimizes their own land grab.  That's why they keep suggesting Poland wants to grab parts of Ukraine (and to a small extent, HUngary).

Even Romania, to a bigger extent than Hungary actually.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on January 17, 2023, 12:31:44 PMRussia finally takes Constantinople

Also I don't know if turning England and the Baltics into a nuclear wasteland might not have some impact on the neighboring countries.

Need to rewatch Threads to be sure, for England at least.

HVC

What the hell did portugal do to Russia?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Jacob

Quote from: HVC on January 17, 2023, 01:17:17 PMWhat the hell did portugal do to Russia?

It's probably a "big countries should naturally imperialistically dominate their smaller neighbours in a similar cultural sphere (unless we have something against them like England or if they're in the way of Russia)" philosophical stance.

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on January 17, 2023, 12:33:57 PMThe way they drew the Danish / German border it's unclear to me whether the Danish islands remain Danish or are German.

Anyhow, what I'd like to see is a map of Russia with the yoke of Muscovy broken, and divided into reasonable smaller independent countries. If no such maps exist, I'd hope someone start producing them soon.

There are many out there.  Not sure how realistic that possibility is.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on January 17, 2023, 01:21:19 PMThere are many out there.  Not sure how realistic that possibility is.

Probably in the same ballpark as the map a bit upthread. I was thinking of it more as a propagandistic response rather than a "now here's a serious thing to ponder".