News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

I've always liked the CV90. When we first saw one the sergeant asked "what kind of vehicle is this?" and I raised my hand and answered correctly. :smarty:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Do we know if there has been an increase in production of all these various military equipment and ammunition, or are we just letting the Russians do to us what we are doing to them i.e. burning up all their material reserves in a proxy war?

The Brain

Quote from: Tamas on January 19, 2023, 08:19:10 AMDo we know if there has been an increase in production of all these various military equipment and ammunition, or are we just letting the Russians do to us what we are doing to them i.e. burning up all their material reserves in a proxy war?

I haven't followed any details, but my impression is that Sweden has placed significant orders with suppliers. Of course Sweden is, like many countries, in the process of expanding its own military, and I don't know if it's possible to disentangle the two.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: mongers on January 18, 2023, 06:39:59 PM* The French have a couple of hundred Leclercs in storage, so maybe them and the UAE could cook up an alternative offer?

200, that's about the active Leclercs, so I am not sure they are really ready to be de-mothballed.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tamas on January 19, 2023, 08:19:10 AMDo we know if there has been an increase in production of all these various military equipment and ammunition, or are we just letting the Russians do to us what we are doing to them i.e. burning up all their material reserves in a proxy war?

The US DOD owned factories have cranked up production. Bulgaria's 152mm factories have worked around the clock since early March 2022.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Legbiter

It seems with today's announcements that yuuge amounts of military aid will be coming to Ukraine. Just Denmark for instance is sending them 19 CEASARS... :thumbsup:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Legbiter

Quote from: Threviel on January 19, 2023, 06:39:26 AMSweden's sending 50 CV90, lots of lighter stuff and the Swedish Army is to prepare the transfer of Archer's with Excalibur and other ammunition.

Further Sweden and Ukraine will cooperate on purchases of military materiel, meaning that Ukraine can use Swedish defense contracts.

Very nice. And an excellent showcase for the Swedish arms industry when the Ukrainians start using the kit to demilitarize Russians en masse.

Jacob

Yeah, the Russian ambassador to Denmark is in the local news whining about this.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Legbiter on January 19, 2023, 01:54:12 PMIt seems with today's announcements that yuuge amounts of military aid will be coming to Ukraine. Just Denmark for instance is sending them 19 CEASARS... :thumbsup:
And this is ahead of the donors' meeting tomorrow when I imagine more will be announced.

Unless this is all just pre-briefing.
Let's bomb Russia!

Legbiter

The UK is sending over 30 AS-90's as well as that company of Challengers. Even middling European nations are now sending over enough IFV's to equip a mechanized battalion each...

Sheilbh

Lithuanian foreign minister has said there's a coalition of European countries ready to give Leopards which could be over 100 tanks which feels like it would be a significant difference for any spring offensive.
Let's bomb Russia!

Jacob

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 19, 2023, 02:45:44 PMLithuanian foreign minister has said there's a coalition of European countries ready to give Leopards which could be over 100 tanks which feels like it would be a significant difference for any spring offensive.

So I guess we're going to be treated to a period of Scholz saying "no", getting everyone (decent) mad at him until finally he gives in, provides additional valuable contributions, but gets stuck with the "what a jerk, why are the Germans obstructing" reputation.

Josquius

Ukraine should have leopards of course.
But I can't help but wonder what Russian propeganda will make of German tanks rolling against their troops.
██████
██████
██████

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Legbiter on January 19, 2023, 01:54:12 PMIt seems with today's announcements that yuuge amounts of military aid will be coming to Ukraine. Just Denmark for instance is sending them 19 CEASARS... :thumbsup:

Arriving March 15?  :ph34r:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Legbiter

Quote from: Jacob on January 19, 2023, 02:48:08 PMSo I guess we're going to be treated to a period of Scholz saying "no", getting everyone (decent) mad at him until finally he gives in, provides additional valuable contributions, but gets stuck with the "what a jerk, why are the Germans obstructing" reputation.

Enormous German incompetence, as usual at this point. If their foreign policy decisions had been done randomly by a monkey it would have been less destructive to their reputation than this.