News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 07, 2022, 08:43:34 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on December 07, 2022, 07:01:55 AMTheir dubbing in French isn't too bad, especially to their english ones.

What really sucks is how dubbing & subtitles never match.

Dubbing and subtitles seldom match, not just for Netflix, unless it's "dubtitles", to be avoided.
Dubbing has heavier constraints, and for a far worse result.

Yeah, who though Dub was ever any good?  :tongue:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: mongers on December 07, 2022, 08:51:03 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 07, 2022, 08:43:34 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on December 07, 2022, 07:01:55 AMTheir dubbing in French isn't too bad, especially to their english ones.

What really sucks is how dubbing & subtitles never match.

Dubbing and subtitles seldom match, not just for Netflix, unless it's "dubtitles", to be avoided.
Dubbing has heavier constraints, and for a far worse result.

Yeah, who though Dub was ever any good?  :tongue:

Bad movie/so good it's bad movie fans.  :P

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

The War Below. I thought this would be about the breakup of Outkast, but it's actually about the British mud diggers put to mining work on the Western Front in WW1. I gave up after a while, cartoonish simplification and caricature characters proved too much for me. Maybe it gets better after a while.

Syt

Anyone watched "Alias Grace" on Netflix?

"In 19th-century Canada, a psychiatrist weighs whether a murderess should be pardoned due to insanity. Based on Margaret Atwood's award-winning novel."

This seems kinda tailor made for Languish - legal topics, Canada, 19th Century, Margaret Atwood ... so I assume someone here watched it? :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

What's its relationship to Alias Smith & Jones?

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on December 08, 2022, 03:05:32 AMAnyone watched "Alias Grace" on Netflix?

"In 19th-century Canada, a psychiatrist weighs whether a murderess should be pardoned due to insanity. Based on Margaret Atwood's award-winning novel."

This seems kinda tailor made for Languish - legal topics, Canada, 19th Century, Margaret Atwood ... so I assume someone here watched it? :unsure:

I watched it when it came out years ago. I thought it was quite good but seemed to get lost in the shuffle.

Gups

Quote from: celedhring on December 08, 2022, 03:31:12 AM
Quote from: Syt on December 08, 2022, 03:05:32 AMAnyone watched "Alias Grace" on Netflix?

I watched it when it came out years ago. I thought it was quite good but seemed to get lost in the shuffle.

Ditto

Eddie Teach

Bullet Train. Best action movie I've seen in quite a while.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

19th century law in Canada and MA.... Did you see a familiar name in the credits as special advisor?
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Josquius on December 08, 2022, 09:09:56 AM

19th century law in Canada and MA.... Did you see a familiar name in the credits as special advisor?

I wasn't involved.

viper37

I stumbled upon that:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citadel_(TV_series)

It seems intriguing.

Basically, one main english show, and several local integrated local shows.
Quotethe show is described as an "action-packed spy series with a compelling emotional center" and "an expansive and groundbreaking global event comprising a mothership series and several local language satellite series".[6] It includes spinoffs set in the Italian Alps, India, Spain and Mexico.

If Amazon can pull it off, it'll be groundbreaking for sure.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

celedhring

Amazon won't pull it off.

Josephus

It's several years old. I remember watching it. It's OK.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Syt

Thanks guys, I'll add it to my backlog. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.