Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Looking at that Putin-Shoigu picture again, I'm finally convinced that Putin actually is pretty sick, and that it isn't just wishful thinking.  That right hand clutching the table, the left hand just hanging there, the crooked pose, this all coming from a man who always had a need to flaunt his physical shape.  This reminds me of Pope John Paul II in his final years, when he couldn't even attempt to maintain a posture anymore.

Josquius

Wouldn't it be awesome if it turns out Putin's chef is the hero the world needs and is steadily poisoning him?
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: DGuller on April 21, 2022, 09:38:13 AMLooking at that Putin-Shoigu picture again, I'm finally convinced that Putin actually is pretty sick, and that it isn't just wishful thinking.  That right hand clutching the table, the left hand just hanging there, the crooked pose, this all coming from a man who always had a need to flaunt his physical shape.  This reminds me of Pope John Paul II in his final years, when he couldn't even attempt to maintain a posture anymore.

For reference:

Yeah, he's either really ill or realized he should've had a poop before shooting the video.

Grey Fox

Apparently in a video from Feb 18, you can quickly see his leg shaking before they zoom in.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Zanza

Quote from: Gups on April 21, 2022, 06:02:06 AMhttps://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/21/german-report-casts-doubt-on-scale-of-its-weapons-support-for-ukraine

Based on a report in Bild.
Okay, no idea. All allegations, nothing substantial on why Germany can not or doesn't want to deliver. I would rather not trust Bild analysis.

Jacob

Quote from: Zanza on April 21, 2022, 11:08:27 AMOkay, no idea. All allegations, nothing substantial on why Germany can not or doesn't want to deliver. I would rather not trust Bild analysis.

Yeah, that's fair.

Zanza

Quote from: celedhring on April 21, 2022, 03:00:06 AMThere's some theater with Putin ordering the troops stop assaulting Azovstal "to preserve the lives of the soldiers" and blockade it instead
Siege of Leningrad ... Putin really is a minor league Hitler.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: celedhring on April 21, 2022, 09:57:44 AM
Quote from: DGuller on April 21, 2022, 09:38:13 AMLooking at that Putin-Shoigu picture again, I'm finally convinced that Putin actually is pretty sick, and that it isn't just wishful thinking.  That right hand clutching the table, the left hand just hanging there, the crooked pose, this all coming from a man who always had a need to flaunt his physical shape.  This reminds me of Pope John Paul II in his final years, when he couldn't even attempt to maintain a posture anymore.

For reference:

Yeah, he's either really ill or realized he should've had a poop before shooting the video.

Definitely looks like an "Oh shit, I shouldn't have had that Taco Bell burrito for lunch" look.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

citizen k

Jacob

So apparently there seems to be a bit of a tendency for Russian military-industrial assets to catch on fire in recent days:

Military research facility in Tver - for S-series AA and Iskander missile on fire.

Dmitrievsky Chemical Plant is also on fire.

Curious development.

Sheilbh

:hmm:

Have we checked if there were storms in the area?
Let's bomb Russia!

Zanza

Quote from: Jacob on April 21, 2022, 12:46:09 PMSo apparently there seems to be a bit of a tendency for Russian military-industrial assets to catch on fire in recent days:

Military research facility in Tver - for S-series AA and Iskander missile on fire.

Dmitrievsky Chemical Plant is also on fire.

Curious development.
I have read elsewhere to take that guy's posts with a grain of salt. Supposedly not the most reliable source with his repeated scoops. No idea if true.

Jacob

Fair warning. We'll see how widely this is accepted.That said, he mentions specific locations so I expect it'll be debunked / confirmed soon enough.

celedhring

Quote from: Jacob on April 21, 2022, 01:02:31 PMFair warning. We'll see how widely this is accepted.That said, he mentions specific locations so I expect it'll be debunked / confirmed soon enough.

I've seen it being reported by other people:

https://twitter.com/kamilkazani/status/1517128844746055681

I'd say it's hard to fake those kind of incidents.

Barrister

Quote from: Zanza on April 21, 2022, 12:58:52 PMI have read elsewhere to take that guy's posts with a grain of salt. Supposedly not the most reliable source with his repeated scoops. No idea if true.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/breaking-russias-biggest-chemical-plant-26767453

Mentions both fires.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.