2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

DOW Futures down over 700 points or 4%. Of course there'll be those who will say it shows that the global financial elites are rightfully scared of Trump.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

alfred russel

Quote from: mongers on November 08, 2016, 10:54:24 PM
Quote from: katmai on November 08, 2016, 10:53:23 PM
Florida called for Trump

Coffin, may I introduce you to another nail.

I was playing with the numbers, and if Trump doesn't win Michigan it gets dicey for him. He is going to lose the left coast (California, Oregon, Washington, and Hawaii) - the late game heavily favors the dems.

Of course if he somehow pulls out Pennsylvania that is game over.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Legbiter on November 08, 2016, 10:52:29 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 08, 2016, 10:50:00 PM

If there's one thing to learn from today it's the uselessness of exit polls.

The regular polling was terrible as well.  :hmm:

Traditional unsolicited polling has been dead for a while, what with the disappearance of landline phones.

FunkMonk

Quote from: mongers on November 08, 2016, 10:57:46 PM
BBC coverage hits a new low, something along the lines of anchor say "these results are not what the Clinton camparign would want".   :hmm:

"They would have wanted to have scored a goal there, Graeme."
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Barrister

Quote from: Zanza on November 08, 2016, 10:57:35 PM
I just hope he is not interested in foreign policy and leaves that to someone capable.

That's been my worry - even with a R-controlled Congress it's still tough to get legislation passed (look how much trouble Obama had with healthcare in similar situations).

Foreign policy though?  That's all the executive branch.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on November 08, 2016, 10:58:55 PM
DOW Futures down over 700 points or 4%. Of course there'll be those who will say it shows that the global financial elites are rightfully scared of Trump.

Global financial elites?  There's nothing elite about the modern fucking economy.  Just because Trump wants to bring back 17th century Dutch mercantilism doesn't make the markets elite.   :lol:

mongers

We're now upto 49 register users reading the forum.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 08, 2016, 11:01:19 PM
Quote from: Syt on November 08, 2016, 10:58:55 PM

Global financial elites?  There's nothing elite about the modern fucking economy.  Just because Trump wants to bring back 17th century Dutch mercantilism doesn't make the markets elite.   :lol:

Hey, you don't have to tell me. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

mongers

NY Times now saying that Trump has a 95% chance of winning.

Hamilcar