2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Hamilcar on November 08, 2016, 10:22:50 PM
Quote from: Berkut on November 08, 2016, 10:21:31 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 08, 2016, 10:16:43 PM
Quote from: Berkut on November 08, 2016, 10:13:24 PM
If Trump wins, the Dems have nobody to blame but themselves.

The Democrats are not responsible for one's sense of basic human decency.

They are responsible for letting their party be controlled by the Clinton machine.

True, but the Republicans let a fucking reality TV star hijack the party. That's a worse failure.

On the plus side, if Trump wins this, maybe in the fallout of his reign the political actors will finally realize, "Hang on, we can't go on like this. "
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

So Colbert is supposed to do a comedy report at 11 pm (ET). Don't think it's gonna be that funny. :cry:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

DGuller

I think I'm going to blame the imbeciles who voted Trump, and the "moderates" who seem to think that exposing your e-mails to the Russians is worse than (at the very least) implicitly colluding with the Russians.  There are times in history when the people solidly on one side are right, and the "moderates" are just imbeciles to a lesser degree.  We're living in one of those times.

alfred russel

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 08, 2016, 10:21:18 PM
MArgin is down to 1% in Wisconsin. I think this will turn on how big the turnout is in Detrioit and the suburbs. Michigan will be the deciding state.

Maybe you should cool it with your half assed predictions?  :)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 08, 2016, 10:18:25 PM
Rachel Maddow looked ready to cry as MSNBC went to commercial.

They seem in good spirits on Fox.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

Oexmelin

Are there strong personalities getting elected in House and Senate? It may be time to reinvest in a de-Presidentialization of the American political system - or at least its representation. Not that I see that happening in the next four years.
Que le grand cric me croque !

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Syt on November 08, 2016, 10:24:38 PM

They are responsible for letting their party be controlled by the Clinton machine.

True, but the Republicans let a fucking reality TV star hijack the party. That's a worse failure.

On the plus side, if Trump wins this, maybe in the fallout of his reign the political actors will finally realize, "Hang on, we can't go on like this. "

LOL, they won't be the ones losing their money or their lives.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Ed Anger

Quote from: mongers on November 08, 2016, 10:25:51 PM
Trump seems to have taken Ohio 54-46.

I have a feeling their attempt to flip the well off Republican suburbs around Columbus failed.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

jimmy olsen

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on November 08, 2016, 10:26:43 PM
Quote from: Syt on November 08, 2016, 10:24:38 PM

LOL, they won't be the ones losing their money or their lives.

Trump's policies are going to lose the rich a shit ton of money.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

BBC now interviewing Jerry Falwell Jr.   :huh:

mongers

Reports coming in of Nacro-criminal technicals and some Mexican army units massing on the border.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on November 08, 2016, 10:30:07 PM
BBC now interviewing Jerry Falwell Jr.   :huh:

Why not, he's a real player now.  He's going to have a hotline straight to Vice President Pence.