2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: mongers on November 08, 2016, 10:31:42 PM
Reports coming in of Nacro-criminal technicals and some Mexican army units massing on the border.

Mexican military intervention to maintain American democracy. It'd make a great film... Or documentary in a few years :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Jaron

Lord in Heaven, please have mercy upon us and deliver us from a Trump presidency.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Barrister

So I'm going to hang on to the Virginia example for awhile and not get too worried about early results in Wisconsin and Michigan and NH.

It's very early, but Clinton leading in Iowa with 5% reporting. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Oexmelin

Well, considering that Brexit unleashed a number of violent incident from people who felt authorized, and vindicated, I worry about the aftermath of the Trump presidency. Nothing in his campaign, or from his supporters, indicate they will be decent winners. Or losers.
Que le grand cric me croque !

HVC

Quote from: Jaron on November 08, 2016, 10:35:06 PM
Lord in Heaven, please have mercy upon us and deliver us from a Trump presidency.

Your God lost his sacred underwear. There's no hope now.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

I think Fate was right about the Michigan death blow.  If things stay on trend and Hillary wins the far west except for Utah and Alaska, I think that puts her at 243 out of 270 needed to win.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on November 08, 2016, 10:35:39 PM
So I'm going to hang on to the Virginia example for awhile and not get too worried about early results in Wisconsin and Michigan and NH.

Dude, just because you're on Pacific Time doesn't mean you're on a fucking 3 hour delay.  Stop being stupid.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

DGuller

Quote from: Barrister on November 08, 2016, 10:35:39 PM

Clinton still has some chance to win the presidency, yes.  But she has no chance of getting a mandate, or even a concession of the legitimacy of her win.  We're down to the two most disastrous outcomes.

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on November 08, 2016, 10:25:31 PM
I think I'm going to blame the imbeciles who voted Trump, and the "moderates" who seem to think that exposing your e-mails to the Russians is worse than (at the very least) implicitly colluding with the Russians.  There are times in history when the people solidly on one side are right, and the "moderates" are just imbeciles to a lesser degree.  We're living in one of those times.

Obviously the primary responsibility is on the dumbasses who voted for Trump.

But putting up someone as intensely disliked as Clinton because..why exactly?

I mean, it's not like she has some message or ideology that is uniquely appealing to Democrats compared to other Democrats. She is the nominee simply because she ran the Party, and after losing to Obama sat there like a spider for eight years making sure no one else had any kind of prominence, and everyone went along with it, just because.

She is a stereotype of exactly the kind of candidate that the backlash against the establishment stands against. A pure, currupted, politician in every sense of the word.

I still hope she wins of course, but she is a terrible candidate, and the Dems get to carry some bit of the responsibility for Trump. They put up the only person he could possibly beat.

She should have been shunted aside after losing to Obama. Instead she was anointed.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 08, 2016, 10:36:39 PM
I think Fate was right about the Michigan death blow.  If things stay on trend and Hillary wins the far west except for Utah and Alaska, I think that puts her at 243 out of 270 needed to win.

He's got Florida, he's got North Carolina.  Michigan puts him over the top.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 08, 2016, 10:36:39 PM

For sure Hillary has to win Michigan (baring her flipping a different expected R state).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

Quote from: Oexmelin on November 08, 2016, 10:35:49 PM
Well, considering that Brexit unleashed a number of violent incident from people who felt authorized, and vindicated, I worry about the aftermath of the Trump presidency. Nothing in his campaign, or from his supporters, indicate they will be decent winners. Or losers.

I think that goes without saying, the question is whether he can be bothered to try and rein-in his flag-bearers?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"