News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on November 08, 2016, 09:22:00 AM
It just occurred to me that a single idiot could stall the entire precinct by just occupying the booth and never leaving it.  What a banana republic setup our voting system is.

I'm not sure I'd generalise one experience in NJ to the whole US. I don't recall any issues that I faced with in person voting in '08 and '12.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

It just occurred to me that a single idiot could stall the entire precinct by just occupying the booth and never leaving it.  What a banana republic setup our voting system is.

Well if anybody would know how to run a Banana Republic it would be us.

But I have never been to a polling place with just one booth.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: DGuller on November 08, 2016, 09:00:56 AM
One booth and 40 people in line.  Democracy in action.  :x

Stop having elections on business/working days, then. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on November 08, 2016, 09:27:10 AM
Quote from: DGuller on November 08, 2016, 09:00:56 AM
One booth and 40 people in line.  Democracy in action.  :x

Stop having elections on business/working days, then. :P

That is what we did. By November the harvest was supposed to be in and the seed planted :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

FunkMonk

Quote from: Valmy on November 08, 2016, 09:26:24 AM

Well if anybody would know how to run a Banana Republic it would be us.

But I have never been to a polling place with just one booth.

Well at least we know who the Banana Republicans are.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on November 08, 2016, 09:25:56 AM

I'm not sure I'd generalise one experience in NJ to the whole US. I don't recall any issues that I faced with in person voting in '08 and '12.
I would, because there must be minimum standards in a functional system.  And one booth for a precinct doesn't even approach what is acceptable.

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on November 08, 2016, 09:28:14 AM
That is what we did. By November the harvest was supposed to be in and the seed planted :P

Make it a national holiday then. You could even have special sales! :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

FunkMonk

Does anyone know anyone personally who voted for *chuckles* Jill Stein?
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Caliga

I just got back from making America great again. :cool:

My voting place had four booths and there were five people there. :lol:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

lustindarkness

I drove past my polling station this morning, it looked like a crowded mad house, I may have to take some time off to get in line in time this evening. I better charge my phone!
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on November 08, 2016, 09:31:17 AM
Quote from: garbon on November 08, 2016, 09:25:56 AM

I would, because there must be minimum standards in a functional system.  And one booth for a precinct doesn't even approach what is acceptable.

Well neither does NJ. ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

So, it took me exactly one hour to excercise my right.  Not sure what people with less flexible work schedule are supposed to do.

lustindarkness

Stop whining, others wish they had the privilege of voting and would wait in line all day for it.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

Quote from: lustindarkness on November 08, 2016, 10:09:32 AM
Stop whining, others wish they had the privilege of voting and would wait in line all day for it.

YEAH. Love it leave it Sergei.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive