2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on November 04, 2016, 02:43:30 PM
I got 67% Johnson, 55% Clinton, 41% Trump.

But really this kind of misses the point.  It's not Trump's policies I violently disagree with, but rather Trump the man.

I don't think you have to violently disagree with his policies, though most of them that he does have...they are pretty dumb.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

I got 68% Johnson, 50% Clinton, 45% Stein and 23% Trump.

Jacob

On Trump's charitable giving: https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/794290164814270465

Quote from: David FahrentholdUPDATE: I've now contacted 433 charities, trying to prove @realDonaldTrump gives "tens of millions" to charity, as he says. What I've found:

OttoVonBismarck

Been awhile since I did ISideWith,

57% Clinton, 49% Trump, 36% Stein, 31% Johnson.

I think Trump is so high because I strongly agree with banning Muslims from coming in, not taking refugees, not defending NATO countries that spend below 2% of GDP on defense (well I support them being kicked out of NATO), and basically oppose any amnesty or formalized rights for illegal immigrants, and support requiring immigrants to learn English. But I don't support starting wars, trade or otherwise, or turning the United States into a banana republic.

I agree with waterboarding terror suspects as long as it isn't on U.S. soil.

katmai

Hillary Clinton 90%
Rocky De La Fuente 61% :unsure:
Jill Stein 54%
Gary Johnson 45%
Donald Trump 21%
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

derspiess

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 04, 2016, 03:28:19 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 04, 2016, 03:27:12 PM
Hopefully Giuliani is just full of shit and nobody told him.

I'm sure he's been told that many times.

He is not totally full of shit on this.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

1980 interview with the Donald. He's acting like a relatively normal human being.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-w47wgdhso
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jacob

Jacob

In other news, Latino voter participation numbers are surging: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/latino-early-vot-surges-from-florida-to-nevada

QuoteLatino voters are already showing up to vote this election and could cast ballots in larger numbers than Democrats saw in recent elections.

On a call with reporters Friday, Latino Decisions– a polling group focused on Hispanic voting patters– said that Latino turnout is on track to make history next week.

On the call, Gabriel Sanchez, a principal at Latino Decisions, pointed to early voting trends that show Latino early voting is up 100 percent in Florida, 60 percent in North Carolina and up 25 percent in Colorado and Nevada.

Sanchez said at this point, Latino Decisions is projecting that between 13.1 million and 14.7 million Latinos will vote on or before Tuesday– a major increase from 2012 numbers when the group estimated 11.2 million voted.

Martinus

I will repeat. This is the best election of our lifetime. :D

derspiess

IIRC Trump is outperforming the last two GOP candidates with Hispandexes.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

One plus to this election, it's bringing out some old Languishites from the shades of lurkdom.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

mongers

Quote from: garbon on November 04, 2016, 03:28:33 PM
90 Hil, 76 Stein, 47 Johnson, 31 Trump

Actually I kind of like the results bit at the end. Apparently I'm moderately left wing.

I'm also: Tender (vs Tough on crime), Pro-Big Government (:hmm:), Progressive, a pacifist, a collectivist, a Keynesian, and a multiculturalist.

And my views most match those of people in Los Angeles, SF, Chicago, Philly, New York and Boston! :o :D

Not bothering to do the test, but I'd be fine with that characterisation of my politics.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"