2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Hamilcar

Clinton is going to savagely purge the FBI.

Jacob

Quote from: Hamilcar on November 04, 2016, 05:20:36 PM
Clinton is going to savagely purge the FBI.

It would seem the prudent move since the FBI has decided to interfere in the political process like that.

Razgovory

The New York office may see some transfers.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

Quote from: Monoriu on November 04, 2016, 05:22:41 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 04, 2016, 05:17:04 PM
Skin color

He looks white to me  :hmm:

For a white person his colour is very orange-hued, in the way characteristic of people using fake tanning products.

Zoupa

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 04, 2016, 12:06:51 AM
Quote from: Berkut on November 03, 2016, 11:38:24 PM
I've got to wonder, or hope, that the National Command Authority and Obama are feverishly revising our nuclear user procedures to include an ability, if it isn't already there, for someone other than the President to stop a launch order.

The current SOP, as I understand it, emphasizes ability to react quickly to a potential massive first strike over the need to counter a potentially unstable President issuing a launch order.

I hope that changes. Or has changed. Our vulnerability to a enemy first strike that could take out our ability to strike back is likely largely insiginficant anyway - we always have our subs after all, and we are not nearly as reliant on land based ICBMs. And the danger of a Trump is vastly greater than the danger of anyone launching a first strike that could be war winning.

Indeed, I don't even know that anyone is capable of that at all anymore. The only possible candidate is Russia, and I rather doubt they have the counter force capability anymore anyway...

I know that Clinton and Yeltsin managed to hammer out detargeting for ICBMs, and that Obama favored and pushed the Russians to get on board with an "open ocean" policy via bilateral agreement--that all nukes are aimed, not at one another, but at the open ocean, in the event of an accidental launch and to allow a measure of deescalation--but considering the Russian strategic reevaluation of their nuclear strategic thinking, I don't see that happening without substantial verification processes.

I don't think the Russians are a principal concern for a global birds-over-the-pole The Day After, either; at least, not at this point.  But I do worry about their regional fixations, and I can see in a Trumpian Universe, a Russia emboldened enough to move against NATO--and as the Russian-compromised US President sits it all out, the French go ball-so-hard, strap on the cuirassiers and remind Moscow what scorched earth really means.

The plan as I understand it is to nuke them as they roll across the northern plain. Sorry Krauts.

Admiral Yi

WTF is Bon Jovi doing at a get out the vote rally in NC?

Razgovory

Quote from: Jacob on November 04, 2016, 05:24:23 PM
Skin color

For a white person his colour is very orange-hued, in the way characteristic of people using fake tanning products.

Or have liver damage.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Hamilcar

Quote from: Razgovory on November 04, 2016, 05:59:54 PM
Quote from: Jacob on November 04, 2016, 05:24:23 PM
Skin color

Or have liver damage.

He ate a polar bear liver.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Monoriu on November 04, 2016, 05:12:09 PM
Quote from: Jacob on November 04, 2016, 03:44:39 PM
Holy Fucking Shit Please Vote: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/81d6ba4237/holy-sh-t-youve-got-to-vote?short_id=aphh&_cc=__d___&_ccid=bc8a8e66-f616-4d54-beb3-dd7ad595189b

I assume the usual suspects will affect their usual poses, but I enjoyed it so I'm sharing :)

:lmfao:

Just one tiny nitpick.  Why is Donald Trump known as the guy in orange?  Is this referring to his hair colour?  He seems like a blonde to me.

Bigger nitpick:  they spelled "syphilis" wrong.

Jacob

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Zoupa on November 04, 2016, 05:30:36 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 04, 2016, 12:06:51 AM
I don't think the Russians are a principal concern for a global birds-over-the-pole The Day After, either; at least, not at this point.  But I do worry about their regional fixations, and I can see in a Trumpian Universe, a Russia emboldened enough to move against NATO--and as the Russian-compromised US President sits it all out, the French go ball-so-hard, strap on the cuirassiers and remind Moscow what scorched earth really means.

The plan as I understand it is to nuke them as they roll across the northern plain. Sorry Krauts.

Fuck yeah, baby. DE GAULLE-SO-HARD  :frog: :frog: :frog: 

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on November 04, 2016, 06:25:11 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 04, 2016, 06:24:42 PM
Bigger nitpick:  they spelled "syphilis" wrong.

Yeah, I noticed that too :(

Talk about afflictions, right?  Literacy is its own disease.   :lol: